Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
The tune did nothing for me. Atheist since age 11, I only go to church for weddings and funerals. But I won't go to church for MY funeral. Get my ashes recycled ASAP, the topsoil is losing its nutrients fast these days.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Do we really want to get into religion here..?
I've seen worse things discussed around here! Some of them had me blush, even though I've practically seen everything. Anyway, just the lack of religion was mentioned, without anybody stating if it was good, bad or neutral. So, I'd say that it's OK for anybody to describe their childhood religious or non-religious experiences, as long as it is non- judgmental and in "off-topic".

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
its just a song. i'm not taking a position on religion or asking anyone else to. just happened to be listening to the track and thought i'd share it. any fan of pedal steel guitar should be able to appreciate it.

as a side, isn't wishing someone "Merry Christmas" bringing religion into the forum or is that acceptable because the holiday is now void of any meaning?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
its just a song. i'm not taking a position on religion or asking anyone else to. just happened to be listening to the track and thought i'd share it. any fan of pedal steel guitar should be able to appreciate it.

as a side, isn't wishing someone "Merry Christmas" bringing religion into the forum or is that acceptable because the holiday is now void of any meaning?
You're right. There's nothing wrong about wishing any "Merry" anything. I send "Merry Xmas" cards to everybody, put a Xmas tree up, and used to pretend I was Santa Claus to my kids. It's culture, not religion. Feel free to wish anything good to anybody.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida