Super Funny Macbook Spoof

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Michael Baturin, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

A coworker showed this to me this morning. I actually think the machine is a beautiful piece of engineering, just a little overpriced like the MacBooke Air was upon release. But, just for laughs....

2. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Love the video! In all honesty that is probably closer to reality than we all think. Some things done I understand but man, a subpar camera, mobile processor and the ridiculous price? Someone is laughing hard at Apple...

3. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

After letting the 'event' sink in a few days, some of those zingers ring truer than I'd like to admit.
    • A 480p camera in 2015
    • USB requires a $79 dongle
    I'm still a fan and will be checking it out at the store. It depends on the new keyboard and just how it feels. I'm in the process of switching my computer use to OS X and relegating my Win 10 desktop to duties as a host for my weather station and Apache server.

4. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Is this meaning the new MacBook they just released? Would it be a good buy or not?? I'm asking for suggestions lol. Thanks!

5. Michael Baturin

Gold

I would ask what you plan to use it for. In general terms, I would say its overpriced and underpowered. Its similar to how the MacBook Air was when first released. Very cool, not a ton of umph, and expensive to a fault. My guess is it will come down to a reasonable price inside 18 months - at which point, like the MacBook Air, it will sell like wild fire. If you are looking for something immediately, you're best bet, comparable to this computer, is a MacBook Air. One big mention- if the Retina screen is very important to you, I would say that would be the only reason to sway you over to buying the new MacBook as the MacBook Air still does not have a Retina screen

6. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Oh wow thank you so much!! I was under the assumption this was Better than the air lol. I just want it as a regular computer type thing. I have the MBA air, but hubby wants one, I was going to give him my air and get the gold new one lol.. Thank you! I will definitely wait!!

7. Michael Baturin

Gold

Yeah the Air is more powerful AND less expensive - and pretty much as portable as anyone could possibly want. Air also has USB and ports other than a single one - and so far from what i've read, the keyboard is a little better on the Air. This may just be due to the learning curve and getting used to the feel of the new MacBook. The only real place the MacBook shines today is in the fact that it has a Retina screen which no MacBook Air can tout yet. I would suspect apple will retire the MacBook Air after a few years and the new MacBook will fill in it's stead.