super mario sound fx?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iNoob

Sep 2, 2007
I finally figured out how to add ringtones and change the message tones and such. Can someone please tell me where i can find videogame soundfx? I specifically want the super mario power-up and power-down sounds for unlocking and locking my iPhone.

I tried vgmusic.com but the sounds werent on there.

thanks!

abnormal

Sep 13, 2007
I am interested in this as well. Someone here mentioned having the New Super Mario Brothers BuhBye sound (when you close the DS) as their lock sound, and I thought that was an awesome idea, but have had no luck searching for it.

abnormal

Sep 13, 2007
OK, I have captured the sounds from my DS, but the AIFC files created from WireTap aren't compatible wit the iPhone... What should these be saved as? I see others in Customize are using aif, but just renaming won't work, so I need to convert. MP3 files available for anybody that wants the sounds by the way, and i hope to have them up on installer.app once they're working

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I finally figured out how to add ringtones and change the message tones and such. Can someone please tell me where i can find videogame soundfx? I specifically want the super mario power-up and power-down sounds for unlocking and locking my iPhone.

I tried vgmusic.com but the sounds werent on there.

thanks!
This site has them all, but I don't know how to download them

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah if you have any kind of sound editing software on your computer then you can run it while playing the sounds and record and edit them through the software. I have Soundforge for this very reason.

abnormal

Sep 13, 2007
I already have the sounds ripped (From New Super Mario Brothers, by the Way, not SMB1... I wanted the "BuhBye" and "It's a me, Mario!" samples when I lock/unlock the iPhone).

What I am curious is how do the files need to be structured in order to work as system sounds in the phone. MP3 and AIFC files won't work... And do they need to be 44.1khz 16bit stereo like CDs, 48k like DVD, ... or what?

Bry

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I already have the sounds ripped (From New Super Mario Brothers, by the Way, not SMB1... I wanted the "BuhBye" and "It's a me, Mario!" samples when I lock/unlock the iPhone).

What I am curious is how do the files need to be structured in order to work as system sounds in the phone. MP3 and AIFC files won't work... And do they need to be 44.1khz 16bit stereo like CDs, 48k like DVD, ... or what?

Bry
I'm pretty sure they just need to be wave format, but with the extension changed to .cab. Try it.

ataq

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
i can atest that wav files work as i just added these sounds to my brothers iPhone's UI sounds