Super monkey ball is HARD

matt33263

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
Texas
it is one of the most challenging games i have played in a long time just because of the controls... having to move the iPhone to move the monkey geez but hey now i have something to do at work... besides work lol

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
it is one of the most challenging games i have played in a long time just because of the controls... having to move the iPhone to move the monkey geez but hey now i have something to do at work... besides work lol
do you still recommend it for us or not? I know initially it looks awesome but as you finished 6-7 stages it becomes freaking hard .... but my question is at that point is it still interesting to play or you just feel like shutting it off?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I would highly recommend it.

At first its a little tougher, but as soon as you get used to the controls, it becomes really fun and is easy.

On a scale of 1-10 I would give it an 11.

It stays interesting to play.

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
I would highly recommend it.

At first its a little tougher, but as soon as you get used to the controls, it becomes really fun and is easy.

On a scale of 1-10 I would give it an 11.

It stays interesting to play.
I mean i saw people reporting that it becomes unplayable after 7-8 stages..
Do you feel confident to finish off all the stages .. i guess it has 105 stages or so... and would not it suck if you have to leave the app while playing.. say you get a call. then you have to start again from level 1... ?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I mean i saw people reporting that it becomes unplayable after 7-8 stages..
Do you feel confident to finish off all the stages .. i guess it has 105 stages or so... and would not it suck if you have to leave the app while playing.. say you get a call. then you have to start again from level 1... ?
Its definitely playable after stages 7 and 8. I know since Ive passed those but yeah...

You just cant move the phone a lot. You have to do very slight movements and slow movements too.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
So its not possible to use the screen as in touching it to move the ball?
-Like you "must" be moving the phone in some way, correct:eek:
Yep! You only tilt the phone side-to-side to turn and forward/backward to speed up/slow down. It takes quite a bit to get used to. It is hard but that's a good thing; makes it challenging. :laugh2:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If you've used Labyrinth on a jailbroken iPhone, you probably have a feeling of what it's like. Same kind of concept, same controls.

- John

matt33263

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
Texas
Yeah im on lvl 7 right now i almost passed it but im getting better with the controls it just takes time and practice i guess. Even thought its tough at first i highly recommend buying this game

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I was not expecting it to be as difficult as it is. HOWEVER that is a good thing. Usually by now I would have never looked at a cell phone game again. This keeps me coming back.
I'm going the get all the bananas route, and it adds difficulty to the game.
I would def recommend but I would let you know that there is in fact a learning curve.
I think the monkey you choose also effects it, BIG monkey is easier to control because he is slower.

Unless that is all in my head.

matt33263

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
Texas
I was not expecting it to be as difficult as it is. HOWEVER that is a good thing. Usually by now I would have never looked at a cell phone game again. This keeps me coming back.
I'm going the get all the bananas route, and it adds difficulty to the game.
I would def recommend but I would let you know that there is in fact a learning curve.
I think the monkey you choose also effects it, BIG monkey is easier to control because he is slower.

Unless that is all in my head.
I'm trying to get the bananas also its hard i need lvls 9 10 right now then i get to move on, and the weight deal, that may be true i have only used the first one cant remember his name?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
so wait, everytime you open the app you need to start over at level 1?

TheFamousOne

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
so wait, everytime you open the app you need to start over at level 1?
I was about to ask the same question. I cant figure out how to resume from a previously played game! Anyone out there know how?

TheFamousOne

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
if I play those levels through the quick play will I still be able to advance to the next worlds?

spyrwebs

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Travelin man, SOCAL
I was about to ask the same question. I cant figure out how to resume from a previously played game! Anyone out there know how?
The game saves automatically after you beat the tenth level in "easy" then saves again after the next ten in "Hard." So every ten levels.

I beat Monkey Island's first 10 "Easy" levels then the next 10 "Hard" levels. I also beat the first 9 levels in Smooth Sherbet. The next time i play I will pass the first 10 "easy" levels. Its such a hard game, I got so mad after a while.