Super thin cases for iPhone!

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Here are the pictures of the Super Slim Rubberized Hard Case from Seidio.
Sorry about the quality of some but I was in a hurry to get these posted.

Hope this helps.
Sele

Last edited by a moderator:

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
How do you find the quality of the case? Can you easily take it out of the case if needed? Right now I am using the iPhone naked and use a DLO hipcase. I would like to get something to go around the iPhone at all times to extra protection. The only thing I am worried about is trying to find something that will work with the dock. I have the dock mounted in my car. I would assume that this case will not fit the dock? I do like the very slim size of the case. Does anyone own the holster? How is it?

- Garrett

P.S. sele, thank you for posting pictures of the case!

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
How do you find the quality of the case? Can you easily take it out of the case if needed? Right now I am using the iPhone naked and use a DLO hipcase. I would like to get something to go around the iPhone at all times to extra protection. The only thing I am worried about is trying to find something that will work with the dock. I have the dock mounted in my car. I would assume that this case will not fit the dock? I do like the very slim size of the case. Does anyone own the holster? How is it?

- Garrett

P.S. sele, thank you for posting pictures of the case!
The quality of the case is good, as I said earlier I was a little unsure about it when it arrived because it is so thin. But it is fine, it is designed to add little or no bulk while protecting the phone from scratches and that is exactly what it does. It doesn't add much but it will not fit in the iPhone dock that comes with the phone. I have noticed that it does fit all the accessories that were made to work with my 30g Ipod Video. That is about the size and thickness this adds to the phone. It works perfectly in my Bose sounddock (or whatever the thing is called) as well as my old DLO dock for the car.

If you are talking about the Seidio holster, I have this as well. The one I have does not work with this case, but they have since released one that does work with it. I am going to have to get this one. I love the holster.

aphex

Sep 13, 2007
thanks for the info! Now to decide, the Seidio or the Agent18 (which I don't seem to be able to find anyone who has it - and the pictures on their site are tiny)

One question about the Seidio - where do the two pieces slide together? and is it difficult to take apart?

I ask because i prefer to use my dock every night so i will be taking the phone out of the case.

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
The two pieces don't really "slide" together, they snap together. If you look close at the pictures you can see the seam that runs around the outer edges of the phone. To take it out you just pop the two pieces apart. I take mine out to put it in the dock every night. I don't use mine everyday though, because I use their holster most of the time. I only use this when I am going to carry in my pocket.

I did notice tonight on their site that they also have a usb dock that is coming soon that will work with these cases so you don't have to take them out. Looks interesting.

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
The only reason I use the dock in the car is for the audio out jack. I have it nicely mounted on one of my cup holders in my Mini. It looks good where it is and works perfectly. To find something that will work with the dock would be challenging. I want something that will keep the size factor to a minimum and allow for some grip. As you all know the iPhone can be a little slippery. I would also want something that will allow me to wear it on my hip in a horizontal position. I guess trying to find the perfect case is a never ending adventure. On the other hand, the Case-Mate Signature Series looks promising. Allowing to be worn on the hip and looks to have easy access to remove from the case.

- Garrett

Harrison

Sep 9, 2007
Can you use the Ultimate Screen Guard with this skin? I'm more worried about scratching the screen than the rest of the iPhone.

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Can you use the Ultimate Screen Guard with this skin? I'm more worried about scratching the screen than the rest of the iPhone.
Looks like Seidio beat me to the punch here. But they are absolutely correct. The Ultimate Screen Guard works really well with this case. I have used them both.

monkeykit

Sep 15, 2007
First Agent 18 Eco iPhone Shield Review

Hey guys

I been following this thread closely, but this is the first time writing something here..

I wanted to get the Seido case, but I couldn't afford waiting a few days to get it through the mail. Instead, I saw the Agent 18 case the OP was possibly getting at the Apple store and had to get it.

Overall: Its better than the Incase I had before (the first gen one with the grim scratching the chrome problem) and it seems like a very solid case without having the dust and grime settle in between the case and iPhone..

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
I like the Agent18 case and the fact that it is two pieces that slide together. Does the pieces come off easy when needed? I am using the iPhone dock in the car and i need something I can take off easily to dock the iPhone. I also noticed that the case should work with the universal dock. If this is true, this is great. That means I can buy the universal dock and put that in the car and have a remote! But my question for the universal dock is, does it hold the iPhone well like the included dock of the iPhone? The reason I ask is that I want to make sure the iPhone will not move when driving in the car.

- Garrett

Swagfndr

Jul 30, 2007
Laguna Heights CA
I carry my iPhone either in my pocket or in a slot in my briefcase. Will the Seidio slide in and out of my pocket easier than the incase rubber case? I have that and I hate the way it sticks while trying to slide it in and out of pockets.

thanks in advace for any input that you can give me.

AtmInside

Jul 4, 2007
I carry my iPhone either in my pocket or in a slot in my briefcase. Will the Seidio slide in and out of my pocket easier than the incase rubber case? I have that and I hate the way it sticks while trying to slide it in and out of pockets.

thanks in advace for any input that you can give me.

I, too, had the InCase rubber case, and besides the fact that it scratched the chrome, I hated how hard it was to get in and out of the pocket.

Today at the Apple store, not only did they have this Agent18 case there, but an employee also had it on his iPhone and was nice enough to let me hold it, look at it, and put it in my pocket. I ended up buying one. (along with some Cystal Film)

It slides in and out just as easy as a naked iPhone. It fits very nice and snug. Adds very little bulk. It's just got a dumb logo on the back. That's my only gripe so far.

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
AtmInside,

Can the case be taken off of the iPhone easily? I want a case that adds little bulk but something I can take off easily when I need to dock it in my car. I do like the agent18 case. If it is easy to take in and out of, then I will pick one up and return the case mate signature leather case (feels flimsy).

- Garrett

AtmInside

Jul 4, 2007
I just tried to take it apart, and I wouldn't say it was easy. To me, that's a good thing. I don't want it to come apart easy. I rarely dock it.
But for your needs, it might not be such a good thing.

As sturdy and nice and snug as this thing feels, I feel it might lose some of that after taking it on and off.
But that's just my initial impressions.

AtmInside,

Can the case be taken off of the iPhone easily? I want a case that adds little bulk but something I can take off easily when I need to dock it in my car. I do like the agent18 case. If it is easy to take in and out of, then I will pick one up and return the case mate signature leather case (feels flimsy).

- Garrett

AtmInside

Jul 4, 2007
I like the Agent18 case and the fact that it is two pieces that slide together. Does the pieces come off easy when needed? I am using the iPhone dock in the car and i need something I can take off easily to dock the iPhone. I also noticed that the case should work with the universal dock. If this is true, this is great. That means I can buy the universal dock and put that in the car and have a remote! But my question for the universal dock is, does it hold the iPhone well like the included dock of the iPhone? The reason I ask is that I want to make sure the iPhone will not move when driving in the car.

- Garrett

I already answered the part about how easy it is to take on and off (not so easy)...but I do have a universal remote at home. I can try it out in there and let you know what I think.
(Not till later today though)

AtmInside

Jul 4, 2007
Well, I messed around with it more, and it actually is quite easy to get on and off. I guess I might have been a little scared the first time?....or maybe just the first time it is hard?
And, I really don't think that it'll hurt the case after repeated on/offs.

I am really liking this case.

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Thanks for the updates! I am glade the case can come off easier after a few times. Does the case hold well once put back together? Are the plastic clips strong enough that they will hold with that kind of use? Please let me know about the universal dock. I am looking forward to your tests. Thanks again.

- Garrett

AtmInside

Jul 4, 2007
Thanks for the updates! I am glade the case can come off easier after a few times. Does the case hold well once put back together? Are the plastic clips strong enough that they will hold with that kind of use? Please let me know about the universal dock. I am looking forward to your tests. Thanks again.

- Garrett

So I am home now and I can't seem to find the Universal Dock (i didn't mean to say "remote" up there). I just moved, you know how things can turn up missing after a move.

As far as the case holding together well, yes, it holds together very well. That being said, it is not because of the plastic clips that hold it together. The plastic clips that hold it together are tiny. It's more about how snug the case is on the iPhone. As the previous poster said in his review on his blog, it is really snug, to the point where I was scared, when first putting in on and taking it off again, that is was going to scratch the chrome. But it did not. You literally need to use a decent amount of pressure to slide it in, slide it out of each half of the case.