SuperDrive vs External Hard Drive?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rollinfromhell, Jul 4, 2014.

1. rollinfromhell

Gold

What would be the best option? My macbook doesn't have a disk reader.. but I don't think I've hardly ever used a disc reader or watched DVD's on my laptop. It's all digital content. Apple offered me a free superdrive, because I was a few days late on that Apple back to school deal, and they couldn't do anything for me. I don't think I'll use the superdrive often, would they be able to offer an exchange for something the exact same price if it was offered for free? Just curious.

Or should I keep the superdrive and will it be needed for mac apps/software?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do you have an external drive for Time Machine backups? That would be my biggest concern.

3. rollinfromhell

Gold

I do actually, but it's a big hard drive thats connected to an external adapter. Im not sure which one I want, and which one to decide on if Apple does let me exchange the superdrive. Im not sure if I would use it to be honest.

EDIT: Can't complain, but Apple wouldn't offer it. The lady was a bit rude and guilted me about it, saying they've already offered it to me for free (which I COMPLETELY understand). She was just kinda rude in tone with me and basically said I shouldn't have even asked because they've already gave me a student discount after I ordered the computer, and they should've never even offered the drive to begin with.

Not sure if I can sell it or something to get an external, but I think I'd want one. I have a CD drive on my Alienware that's amazing that I've used twice in the 3 years I've had it, I don't need another one. I don't think we use them much anymore, sadly. Other than ripping music (I buy all my music online).

#3 rollinfromhell, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014