Supplemental Battery for iPhone

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
Hey folks... Just a heads up for anyone contemplating the purchase of a supplemental battery for your iPhone (any version). I was on eBay and saw a battery very similar to the ones being sold by Richard Solo . Anyway, the price with free shipping was $6.79! I figured it would be a POS. Guess what.... the thing is amazing! It has four blue LEDs to show the state of charge of the battery. When it is fully charged another blue dot shows that the battery is fully charged. You can always check the status of the battery by pressing a little button and the led lights will illuminate accordingly (depending on how much juice is remaining). It securely latches without resorting to clips and whatnot. I had my phone down to 20% then attached the battery to the bottom of the phone. It charged the phone FULLY and it still had juice to spare. The manufacturer claims it is 1900 Mamps. Solo sells the same type of battery for $69 plus shipping. It just shows how much profit is built into these accessories. If you're looking for a decent auxilliary power source I suggest you go on eBay and get one today. I have nothing to do with this company but I just hate when people get ripped off so I love giving money saving advice. Ask me any questions if you have. I'd be glad to answer them. Thanks for reading!

Divyesh

Jul 28, 2009
Digital point forum
Well i spent most of the weekend putting the iPhone 3G's battery life (and to a lesser extent, MobileMe implementation) to the test, and we've got far more encouraging results to report back than we had on day one. Pretty much everything we've found thus far jibes with Apple's claims, if not exceeds them. (Our video results early on skewed low because we had mistakenly left on push and fetch data, which dropped the battery life by almost 25%. After re-testing, they're back up to spec

5shelties

Bronze
Jul 28, 2009
Hi,
Yupper, a link to the specific battery would be great. Currently there are 3566 iPhone batteries listed. Thanks.

Mar 13, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Sounds like the one I found at Office Depot. Part # 866-310. It is 2000 mah and selling for $29 this week and $39 normally. Works great with the 3gs and charges more than once.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
Sorry for not posting the link. The price is $6.49 and the thing works great. Here is the link:

Not sure why the system is preventing me from posting the link. Can some one tell me why. Anyway the asterisk is t i n y u r l. (No spaces)

I emailed Richard Solo customer service and asked them why their similar unit was priced ten times as much. I actually got an email from Richard (the founder of the now defunct Sharper Image). He had explained to me that their unit is Apple certified and that some cheap knockoffs can fry the iPhone. We had an interesting exchange of emails that I will post here if anyone is interested. Bottom line was that I told Richard I'd be more than happy to evaluate his battery and compare it to the $6.79 battery I bought. He actually obliged and is sending me an evaluation unit. I'll conduct my own tests and post them here for you guys to see. Once I'm through with the test I'll send the unit back to them. They were even nice enough to provide me with a prepaid shipper label to send it back. I was willing to spend my own money, but I must say their customer service is excellent!

Note to Napoleon:
I purchased that same battery you did. I am going to read your review now. I think its an excellent battery. I was able to charge my iPhone FOUR times when the power level was down a little below 20%. It is also nice that it can charge other gadgets too.

Last edited by a moderator: