Supply

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
You'd think with the holidays here and all that, the supply of iPhone 5s 16GB (various colours) would be high.

But, alas, in my area I can only find 32GB versions of the Gold or Silver. Rather frustrating really...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I wish I could get it from Best Buy. But, this is a Business account, thus I can't use Best Buy and the likes...
I'd say that various channels are experiencing tighter supplies due to holiday sales and such. This past week is an odd week, probably lots of folks on vacation. I suppose next week things, when things return to normal, you'd have a hard time not finding an iPhone 5s in stock. Hey, it's going to be 2014 and the iPhone 5s will be yesterday's news.:D

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I did have the white iPhone 5c for a moment. Now looking for an iPhone 5s, possibly Gold, failing that Silver. But, I'd rather 16GB, albeit at this rate I'll have to settle for a 32GB version. Just need to convince the missus that I NEED the 32GB, versus the 16GB :)

Which iPhone 5s are you buying? Didn't you have an iPhone 5c for a bit?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I did have the white iPhone 5c for a moment. Now looking for an iPhone 5s, possibly Gold, failing that Silver. But, I'd rather 16GB, albeit at this rate I'll have to settle for a 32GB version. Just need to convince the missus that I NEED the 32GB, versus the 16GB :)
The trick is to do it in a way that makes it her suggestion.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I went to Best Buy today to get my iPhone 5s GOLD. Well guess what? In Atlanta, Kennesaw and Acworth all the computer systems for the mobile phone section was down. Flipping Nora!

Now I'm wondering if it was all a sign? Anyway Best Buy opens at 10:00 tomorrow and yes, I'll be there...

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
There were signs that Apple was catching up with supply before the holidays. Looks like Christmas put the kabosh on supply though. My local Apple Store has a limited selection again.

The god news about the 32/64GB models is they have better resale value. Maybe you can sell that idea to your wife.