Sure have you covered if you want to use non Apple headphones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
Shure have you covered if you want to use non Apple headphones

Shure have a new gadget out for iPhone - that turns any headphones into ones that will:

a) Fit the iPhone's socket

b) Allow you to do phone calls as well as listen to your music

Cool news for hi-end headphone owners, and hopefully that will shut-up the headphone/iPhone socket iMoaners for a while!

Last edited by a moderator:

rittchard

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
why would the adapter effect the phone feature? It is just an extension of the headphones.
Did you check the link?

"Key Features Include:

Low-profile VoicePort™ Microphone: Tuned to enhance intelligibility regardless of background noise, this professional-grade Shure microphone uses VoicePort technology to provide superior sound quality and ensure that callers hear you clearly even in noisy environments.

Control Button: Offers enhanced functionality and convenience by enabling you to easily send and end calls—without touching your phone. Additionally, with many phones, the control button activates call waiting, last number redial, voice dialing and mute.

Detachable, Modular Design: Provides greater flexibility by allowing you to remove the MPA in situations it isn’t needed—like the gym or on a flight."

I just ordered one of these bad boys so I'll let you know how it works. Shockingly according to tracking it's supposed to arrive today (one day after I ordered it!).

To the original poster, you might want to change the spelling in your title to "Shure" so it's a little clearer. Otherwise it reads a little confusing and might get skipped over, and I have a feeling this is poised to be a very popular item :)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Aha, I knew something like this would come out! (Assuming it did just come out.)

I've been mentioning that Treos have had these adapters for years, and that they'd show for the iPhone too.

I bet we'll see lower cost adapters like this too (they are like $8 shipped for the Treo).

Good to see progress!

--
Mike