Surgery

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I had septoplasty surgery this morning, but I'm slowly recovering. My nose is still sore and uncomfortable. I'm on pain medication every 6 hours. I should be back to full health in a week or so.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Glad to hear you're doing well. Good luck with a speedy recovery. Are you taking time off from school or work? Any plans to pre-order the new iPhone tonight?

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Glad to hear you're doing well. Good luck with a speedy recovery. Are you taking time off from school or work? Any plans to pre-order the new iPhone tonight?
I have time off this weekend from work and back on Monday. I know that Verizon changed their plans, but I don't want to get sucked into a two year device payment plan again so I'm waiting to buy out my Edge contract. I still owe $350 on the phone. What options would I have for an upgrade or do I have to buy it outright?

School is going to start on September 21. I've a full course load with 15 credits. I'll be taking Mobile Development Frameworks (400+ seminar), Advanced Java, and UX Design.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I recommend going with Edge again. You could put it up on Craigslist and sell it for about $350 and then pay off the contract or pay it off with a credit card and then sell it to Gazelle for slightly less than that and then use the money you get from Gazelle to pay off the credit card.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
That should be pretty good timing with school starting on 21st. Gives you time to recover before going back.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I recommend going with Edge again. You could put it up on Craigslist and sell it for about $350 and then pay off the contract or pay it off with a credit card and then sell it to Gazelle for slightly less than that and then use the money you get from Gazelle to pay off the credit card.
Edge program doesn't let you make additions payments. It adds $30-.$50 more dollars to your bill each month. I haven't completely ruled out switching to another carrier like AT&T or T-Mobile. I've also thought about going with Ting where you only pay for what you use. I've never used Gazelle, but I have sold on Craigslist with moderate success.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Edge program doesn't let you make additions payments. It adds $30-.$50 more dollars to your bill each month. I haven't completely ruled out switching to another carrier like AT&T or T-Mobile. I've also thought about going with Ting where you only pay for what you use. I've never used Gazelle, but I have sold on Craigslist with moderate success.
You can't make additional payments, but you can pay it off all at once with Edge.