Survey: iPhone battery life (how many hours do you get)

nishant_81

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
I just want to try to quantify the battery life "problems" that everyone has been writing about, and see what the usual output is that people get. In terms of actual number of hours the phone is used, how much do you guys end up getting from the phone (not standby time, but the usage: Settings >> General >> Usage) before the 20% warning message?

I barely manage to get beyond 4:30 - 5 hours before the warnings, and I mostly use email, some web, some apps (no games though), and 20-25% call time. Would be good to know how many "actual" hours people get out of there old/new iPhones.....!

Thank you!

hiya1987

Jul 20, 2008
Manchester, England
ive gotten 4hrs 30 mins usage and 1day 9hrs standby so far im still in the green. so i think its pretty good battery life touch wood but ive only had ma iPhone 2 wks so we will see my old phones battery was pretty shitty anyway.

yadig22

Jul 22, 2008
my phone charges in the car so I don't really know.. battery usually lasts from 9:30pm to 3:00 am when i'm at the bar and that's all i really care about!

xman

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
orlando,fl
5.5 hours then 20%warning

I have been averaging 5.5 hours before the low battery signal at 20%.

Only surfing and email..no phone calls

Have set brightness to low
Off for wifi using 3G
Manual fetching
Not playing music

Ordered an external battery self contained charger

Paul

nishant_81

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
I have been averaging 5.5 hours before the low battery signal at 20%.

Only surfing and email..no phone calls

Have set brightness to low
Off for wifi using 3G
Manual fetching
Not playing music

Ordered an external battery self contained charger

Paul

5.5 hours is pretty good... i don't think i have ever gone that much before getting a warning! I have the brightness set to around 10-15%, no 3G, wifi is on but with "ask to join", so that it doesn't keep connecting... fetching is only once an hour.... and no music.... i think with all this, i should get more than 4:30 hours.....it's almost like everytime i pickup my phone to use, i can see th green bar decreasing as i use it.....! :(