Swapping an iPhone 6 for a 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Bunk009, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

I received my iPhone 6 on launch day so the 14 day return policy is up this coming Friday.

I'm seriously considering making the switch to plus but the problem is I live on Oahu and according to people I've spoken with, no pluses will be available on this island by then. Will Apple extend the return policy window in this case since the item I want to switch isn't available? More importantly will they do this while also letting me keep the 6 in the meantime (I gave my 5S to my father so I'd have no phone...)

Maybe I should just stop wanting the plus only because it's so new and different and be happy w my awesome 6.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I doubt Apple will extend the return policy for you. They typically don't let you keep the old one while you're waiting for a new one to come in. Since it's doubtful you'll be able to find one in stock, you'll need to return the 6 and then place an order for a new one. You'll also need to wait for the carrier to reset your eligibility. It's often immediate or within a couple hours, but it can take longer than that.

Have you had a chance to test a 6 Plus to see if the size is a good fit for you?

3. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

Honestly I only played with it briefly when I went to pickup the case for my 6.

This is TRULY me being ridiculous and wanting it just because it's new and different! The 6 is awesome and fits my hand and lifestyle perfectly. I ride a motorcycle and sometimes even the 6 feels weird in my pocket against my leg. I'm just a dummy that wants the plus because it's so darn sexy. How're you liking it? Or did you get a 6? I love both devices but the size could very well be impractical for a guy always wearing bathing suits and motoring around s city where people can't drive.

I'm going to keep the 6 and the hoops I would have to jump through to switch just made my mind up for me.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I got a regular 6. I definitely don't want the Plus. The 4.7" is bigger than I prefer. I was a big single-handed user before getting it and I find the 6 awkward to use single-handedly so I'm having to use two hands most of the time now. I also have to twist it to get it in and out of the pocket of my scrubs whereas the 5s fit great. I'm hoping Apple makes a 4" iPhone 6s.

It sounds to me like the 6 is a better fit for you than the 6 Plus.

5. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Not one size fits all with the iPhone 6's. I have never been a one-handed user even with the 3.5 inch iPhone screens. I'm loving the bigger screen of the 6 Plus, and I have small hands. The HD quality really pops out on the larger screen. Some will naturally prefer a larger screen while others want mobility and ease of handling. Both iPhones are fantastic devices.

6. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I exchanged my 6 for a 6+. I mainly did it because of the 16 gb issue and I filled my 6 the first night I got it. I went to exchange it for a 64gb and all they had was a silver plus. I have to say now that though I'm glad I exchanged it. I am loving this plus!!

7. mbairguy

mbairguy Contributor
    Bronze

"...fantastic devices..." 6 is for ADHD people. I could have said the 6+ "IS" but that would be self-deprecating...

8. mbairguy

mbairguy Contributor
    Bronze

That simply cannot be...?? All I see written is the 6+ is being returned literally by the thousands (iOS8 & emoji heaven)

9. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

I wanted the Plus, but my "work" wardrobe (soccer shorts) would not allow a Plus I don't think. Also my cup holder in my Jeep hold the 6 perfectly. A lot of my friends think the 6 is huge, but I think it is pretty perfect. However, I have no idea if the Plus would be ok since I have never tried one.