swapping out iPhone SIM card

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hookem

Jun 26, 2007
I have two lines on my AT&T account. I have an iPhone and a blackberry curve. Basically I want the phone number that is currently on the blackberry to be used on the iPhone and the number on the iPhone to be used on the blackberry. AT&T said I could not just swap sim cards. Seems like I could then call and have them add the data plans correctly to each account?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I have two lines on my AT&T account. I have an iPhone and a blackberry curve. Basically I want the phone number that is currently on the blackberry to be used on the iPhone and the number on the iPhone to be used on the blackberry. AT&T said I could not just swap sim cards. Seems like I could then call and have them add the data plans correctly to each account?
the iPhone data plan needs to be assigned to the sim in the iPhone in order for Visual voice mail to work. You could probably make calls after swapping the sim card, but some of the features wouldn't work. Also, if you put the iPhone sim in the BB, it won't all of the sudden have the Visual voice mail feature.

hookem

Jun 26, 2007
the iPhone data plan needs to be assigned to the sim in the iPhone in order for Visual voice mail to work. You could probably make calls after swapping the sim card, but some of the features wouldn't work. Also, if you put the iPhone sim in the BB, it won't all of the sudden have the Visual voice mail feature.
Right, but that should be a simple as calling AT&T and having them setup the correct data plans for the correct phone #s?