Swicthing carrier question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phins54, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Phins54

Phins54 New Member

When I bought my iPhone about 4 years ago they put the contract under my dad's name with his SSN but I've made all the payments from my checking account. My contract is up and I want to get the 4S and switch from ATT to Verizon. When I go to buy the 4S and switch will my dad need to be with me or will the switch use my info this time?

2. ~DS~

~DS~ Member
    Bronze

It depend how old you are and credit history. If you are old enough (18+, I think) with good credit history, you should able to get a new contract without your dad.

3. iNurse

iNurse Contributor
    Silver

Keep us posted on your new iPhone!

4. Phins54

Phins54 New Member

Ok I just got back from Best Buy and everything went smoothly. I just synced my new 4S and I'm on Verizon's network. When I left Best Buy and got in my car my 3GS on ATT already said No Service. So I have one more question, do I now still need to call ATT and tell them to cancel my account of did this do it by porting my number to Verizon?

EDIT: And checking my ATT account online it says...

This Account is Cancelled. You will not be able to make changes online. Please Make a payment on your unpaid balance on the bill.

So this makes me think everything is already all set and I'm done?

5. ~DS~

~DS~ Member
    Bronze

No, you shouldn't do anything since they take care of the porting. They will contact with them(I think). When you port a number to another carrier, you will get no service since it is no longer functional on the device you once had the number on...

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

6. JenniferB80

JenniferB80 New Member