Swing Your iPhone Like A Bat! - Home Run Derby

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Not unlike iThrown, the new iPhone app Home Run Derby makes me a little nervous.

With iThrown, you're always in danger of letting go of your phone and actually throwing it. With Home Run Derby you're supposed to swing your iPhone like a bat. The description also says, "The harder the swing, the further it'll fly!" :eek:

I'll give the app some credit though since you can hit home runs with a simple flick on the iPhone screen instead. And there's three different stadiums available.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Any game/app with "swing your arm with the iPhone" is no-go for me! In the high school I could throw a ball loooooong way....so...:laugh2:

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Any game/app with "swing your arm with the iPhone" is no-go for me!
I'm with you on this one. It is just plain silly to take a chance of ruining your phone for apps like these.
There are some apps that require you to shake the phone and I don't really like that too much although I have done it (some of the snow globe apps).

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I'm with you on this one. It is just plain silly to take a chance of ruining your phone for apps like these.
There are some apps that require you to shake the phone and I don't really like that too much although I have done it (some of the snow globe apps).
yeah, even apps like facebook that require a "shake" to update/refresh make me a little uncomfortable.

KRAPPS

Bronze
Nov 10, 2008
KRAPPS.com
LOL ... agreed ... still waiting for the iSmash app - throw your iPhone against the wall, the harder the impact the higher the score ... seriously, a big PASS from us on these types of apps in general

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
i downloaded a golf game that required me to swing. I almost threw my arm out of socket.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
LOL ... agreed ... still waiting for the iSmash app - throw your iPhone against the wall, the harder the impact the higher the score ... seriously, a big PASS from us on these types of apps in general
ROFL! thats a good idea for an app there! ;)

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I can see it now. A wrist loop for the iPhone with a warning label that states "caution failure to use re wrist loop could result in a Major hit to the pocketbook and a serious low amount of pride." kinds like the wii controlers LOL.