Swipe a photo to transfer it to another iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Have you seen the latest television commercial about the iPhone? It shows two iPhones side-by-side with some photo collage showing on both. One iPhone user swipes a photo (drags it) toward the edge of the screen toward the other iPhone. Automagically, the photo appears on the second iPhone, as if it was simply dragged there.

What is the name of the app that does that?

I would imagine that the two devices have to be on the same wi-fi network and both (evidently) have to be running that app.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I know the commercial but the name of the particular app escapes me right now. It's running along with another app called "Bump" in the same commercial. Bump allows you to share contact information and photos between two iPhones. I do recall the other app used a swiping motion to transfer the info whereas bump requires a handshake via bumping the two devices. Here's the Bump app in iTunes.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
For some reason my short term memory retained the Bump title but not Mover which is the one I was most interested in. I always talk myself out of writing things down that I want to check out later thinking I'm certain to remember something of such importance to me. Rarely does that rationale work in my favor. LMAO

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
For some reason my short term memory retained the Bump title but not Mover which is the one I was most interested in. I always talk myself out of writing things down that I want to check out later thinking I'm certain to remember something of such importance to me. Rarely does that rationale work in my favor. LMAO
I do the same thing....repeatedly. Oh, I'll remember! I never do. hehehehe

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
That's what the new Voice Memos app is for! You got, so use it! :eek:k:eek:k

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Bump is pretty cool. You don't even have to be on the same wifi... it works through their servers no matter what your data connection. You do have to have location services on to use it, however. Very cool concept, though, and it works as advertised.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I guess bump is kind of cool, but mover is pointless. You could fill your phone up with redundant apps like that. Just email it.

Aug 24, 2012
Quickest way is via a mac (or even pc)
There are lots of ways of swapping files wirelessly between devices, but these are all for ones and twos, not what sounds like quite a large collection.
Besides, i like to share you a article about how to transfer music/photo from iPhone to iPhone, which included transferring iPhone music and photo files to another iPhone easily.
Hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!