Swipe to Delete

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iBanana, Sep 19, 2013.

1. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

So far I am happy with the update! It was much needed and I am still exploring. The biggest thing that has gotten me is the swipe to the left to delete. You used to have to swipe to the right. It may seem stupid, but after doing it for what 7 years now weve gotta switch. Time to retrain the brain! Anyone else have other little things like this that make them shake their heads in wonder why the changed the function?

2. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Yeh I don't want an album or my iPhone and when I swipe it says sorry no longer do this.so I've got songs and mini albums that igot when 12days of Xmas was running and there showing up in my album list you have to download from cloud to listen but how do I get rid of these free albums I got with 12days of Xmas do I have to go into the iCloud account..?..?

Sent using iCafe app

3. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Swipe left is something I'm griping w/like you. I'm still swiping to the right and waiting for it to happen.

-Maybe I'm too anal but I like in the old iOS how your text messages were timestamped. Now you have to swipe to "reveal them"

-I'm trying to adjust w/double tap not doing anything but opening the multi-tasker and getting to the home screen. I was a fan of double tapping and starting my iPod function from the lock screen by just hitting play. I guess they gotta steer us into using the control center swipe and not the home button for all those functions.

- I don't really like how there's no transparency (I mean like clear or glass hue) in the App folders. (With my wallpaper mine have a ugly pasty looking green hue)

-There's so many different font sizes in the iOS. I'm sure they were in iOS 6, but 7 has made it more pronounced my eyes are confused where to look.

Ok so those were really nit picky and I'm stating them for the purposes of the thread, I'm loving iOS 7 so far. Just those things made me go "hmmm"

Sent using iCafe app

4. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Yeah I'm finding that the folders a to transparent and we should be able to control the transparency level and I'm on the ip5 don't we get the 3d look or paraplex or whatever it's called.

Sent using iCafe app

5. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

I am not a fan of the folders either. They used to limit the # of apps you could have in them, then they expanded it. Now you can have what 9 per page and then you have to scroll to another page. Not a fan of that at all.

I didn't even notice the time stamp thing in texting.

Im catching myself double tapping my home to switch songs in spotify, but it doesn't work that way anymore.

Its not horribly hard to re-adjust, but it just shows how much we do without realizing it.

6. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Nothing specific yet, but it reminds me when they switched the default scrolling direction when OSX Lion was released. At least you had the option to change it on a Mac.

7. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

I have a PC (for work) and a Mac (for personal) and I always catch myself getting the directions confused. Could you send me the directions on how to change it on the mac via message?

8. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

System Preferences > Mouse/Trackpad >Scroll and Zoom >Scroll Direction.

Oops, you said via message. Sorry. ;)

9. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

iBanana said:

I didn't even notice the time stamp thing in texting.

--

You may not need to. I deal w/late responders, that have the nerve to talk about me when I'm not quick at getting back to them. I used to always see the timestamped in iOS 6 so I could rub it back in their face. Lol.

Sent using iCafe app

10. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

And I did! ;)

11. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Ya I think you mean Parallax. We should all have that. It should be on your home screen as well as lock screen. When you tilt the phone slightly you should notice it. I turned mine down to save battery. It's cool but not something I have to have.

Sent using iCafe app

12. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

Haha no problems! Thank you very much!

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

We all had a learning curve going from dumb phones to the original iPhone. I'm sure we'll weather this storm. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

Haha very true. I sure did miss you sir.

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

So what brought you back aside from wanting to bask in my magnificence?

16. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

Ive just been so busy, but with everything going on with the new phone I figured I would come to my favorite forums and poke around. Figured why not. Im here for now...when work picks up who knows if I will be able to stick around, but I am going to try!

17. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

On the double tap issue to get to your music. It's actually easier now. Just swipe up from the bottom and hit play or click on the song name and it'll take you to your music app

Sent using iCafe app

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, I certainly hope you do stick around.

19. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

I can't get swipe to work, period. Am I missing something?

20. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

In which app is swiping not working for you?