SwirlyMMS: Retrieving Pics

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I got Swirly to Work today by calling AT&T and having them enable MMS on my account and I tested it out...but it says it saves it somewhere...How do I get to it?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I got Swirly to Work today by calling AT&T and having them enable MMS on my account and I tested it out...but it says it saves it somewhere...How do I get to it?
You have to install MobilePreview as well as MobileFinder. Then use either of them to find the pics from your MMS folder.

nanooreg

Sep 26, 2007
when i retrieve my pictures through mobile preview, the pictures are pretty small. is there a way to make them bigger?

Jul 8, 2007
Jesus, I've gotta install MobileFinder and MobilePreview too? Automatic fail.

I called AT&T and asked them to add picture messaging to my account, and they said I should already have the feature. I was about to call back and see if someone else could help me, but now I'm thinkin' I don't need MMS this bad.

I'll wait till iPhone v2.0, or until they beef up SwirlyMMS to be self-contained.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

I called AT&T and asked them to add picture messaging to my account, and they said I should already have the feature. I was about to call back and see if someone else could help me, but now I'm thinkin' I don't need MMS this bad.

I'll wait till iPhone v2.0, or until they beef up SwirlyMMS to be self-contained.
just hang tough. Its getting better everyday. Swirly has had like four updates in the last five days. Keep trying. Don't give up. Install the programs, for crying out loud.

Jul 8, 2007
just hang tough. Its getting better everyday. Swirly has had like four updates in the last five days. Keep trying. Don't give up. Install the programs, for crying out loud.
That's the thing. I don't think the iPhone is an appropriate platform for an application like the Finder (and neither does Apple), hence I don't want to clutter up my iPhone with it. That level of tinkering on a daily basis -- just to get picture messaging working -- feels like "dicking around" to me. I'm a tinkerer, but only if the stuff works like I'd want it to.

I'll take your word for it that they're updating frequently, and that IS a good sign...but I know at least one of those updates was because the files they were mucking about with in the CommCenter were screwing up people's phones.

The only real reason I'm even bothering to look into this is because my sister is a huge MMS freak, and I just bought her an iPhone. And I know without doubt that this is not the type of app I'd want to provide technical support for.

My theory is, there's an internal bet going on at Apple. If they reach their 10M iPhones in 2008 without MMS, Steve has to buy Jony a new Lotus. :)

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
right on.

So... You don't think mobile finder should be on my iPhone? You say "clutter".... Will/is that effecting stability and performance?

Jul 8, 2007
So... You don't think mobile finder should be on my iPhone?
Oh, not at all. My views are my own, I wouldn't assume what's best for me is what's best for you. I just think the point of Finder is that you can store files and apps wherever you want on your computer. Hence, you gotta find stuff. Finder on the iPhone is just silly, since your files are always (supposed to be) stored in predictable directories, and the apps are supposed to find those directories and parse the data into a usable form. That's the point of a "mobile" (read: simplified) platform. Doesn't mean it's less capable. Just means it's more streamlined.

I don't think those apps affect stability or performance. I just think they're a clunky solution on a very non-clunky device. The only app I use for file management is Term-vt100, and I even think that shouldn't be there.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

Yeah, it is kinda a pain in the ass.