SwirlyMMS.

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
Has anyone got this to work ? I have 1.1.4 and it opens and everything works but that fact I can't send an MMS. I ahve T-Mobile and used the setting I found on EIC but I always get an error. Just wanted to see if anyone was able to make it work and what you did to make it work.

Thanks,

THEHNIC

duckcall

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
it works fine for me but im on AT&T

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I'm on AT&T and I can only send to certain folks. Some get the message and some don't. After yesterday's update, one of thepeople that I could not send to has been corrected. I can now send to them. Still extremely unreliable. But getting better

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
Cool thanks for the info .

After working on it and reinstalling a few times I was able to get it to work.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
What codes did you use to get it to work? I have tried several suggested on this site and still cant get it to send anything. Also someone mentioned you have to have picture messaging with AT&T. This is the first time I have ever used AT&T when I purschased my iPhone so I don't think they hooked me up with picture messaging. Do I need to in order for this app to work?

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Did you call AT&T and have them activate anything? I am hearing mixed reports - some have been able to send MMS without calling AT&T, other said they had to call AT&T...

Feb 27, 2008
ok. I'm on AT&T and am running 1.1.3 and I can't get it to work at all. I called AT&T and they told me my mms was already turned on but when I try to send one I get a message "the network reported service denied"

low_low_03

Jul 11, 2007
O'Fallon, IL.
I finally "bit the bullet" and JB last night. I am flippin pissed that Apple hasn't done anything with MMS for us yet! COME ON APPLE!.. I don't mind having to do extra work to send pics, that part doesn't bother me but to have to explain it and ask others to do a bunch of extra work to send a pic to me is just BS! And yes they gave us a site to incoming pics on but its a POS, doesn't work right 90% of the time, and there is no direct link for it from the SMS that we actually do receive... Whew ok, im done ranting... onto my problem...

-1.1.4 JB
-Found Swirly 2.2 on installer and tried to get it to work and no go (i am new at this and am not sure what I need to do to make this stuff work)
-wanted v0.3 so i started looking and found a post telling me to add "swirlyspace.com/swirlyspace.xml" and to refresh installer and i did this with 0.3.4
-it asked me to turn off the phone after installing and i did when i went to turn it back on, it just give me the little silver Apple with a time circle/clicker/ticker whatever that thing is, and has been doing this for about 5-10 mins...

I went to plug it in and restore but iTunes wont recognize the phone... did i "f" up my phone?

I really want to learn this stuff, so any help is really appreciated

PLEASE HELP!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Just keep trying, buddy. It will take multiple restores and trail and error but you'll get it....Nobdy can just "tell" you what to do...they can help and guide but you're just going to screw up...that's how you learn....search a little

You might have to reinstall iTunes, reboot your computer or both to get iTunes to see your phone but have no fear.

...as long as you're an AT&T customer

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Yeah I gave up on MMS for my iPhone - if I wanted one of my whores to send me a picture of them naked they can use email. :D

low_low_03

Jul 11, 2007
O'Fallon, IL.
so i have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and rebooted my comp and i am not having any luck... my phone still has the silver Apple startup icon on the screen and wont go to the homepage for the phone....

I don't know what to do and now i don't have a phone...

low_low_03

Jul 11, 2007
O'Fallon, IL.
my comp isn't even recognizing my phone, i don't get the sound or the pop up for the Apple device

low_low_03

Jul 11, 2007
O'Fallon, IL.
sorry if im posting in the wrong forum but im a JB noob and with my phone doing absolutely nothing i was freaking out! thinking 6 hundo down the drain but luckily i was about to find a post that at least helped me get it to do something

Jul 14, 2007
for those w/ ATNT.

i have ATNT with it too. but when i send a msg.it says [proxy server not connected to host]. what does this mean?

low_low_03

Jul 11, 2007
O'Fallon, IL.
I have everything back up and running now... i used the settings from swirly and when i try to send i get
" failed to send mms
the network reported: service denied (pe)"

I spoke with att and i have mms on my plan

thanks again OJ for helping me through my freak out