Swiss-Army Utility Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by The Professor, Sep 16, 2013.

1. The Professor

The Professor New Member

So I am trying to find a "SwissArmy" type case for my iPhone5 and it seems that my searching is finding me a bit puzzled. I want an all in one case as I go fishing a lot at the lake across the street from my house and I hate taking a bunch of crap with me down there. I use my phone for music and why can't I have a case that helps me do a little bit of everything like cutting an old line, fixing something small on my rod or reel, may be even pulling out my lure from the fish’s mouth. Plus I want to be able to just walk out my front door with my phone in my pocket, ear phones in my ear, and just my rod in hand (especially in case I want to smoke a cigarette on my way down I can have a free hand).

If anybody knows if there is a case like that out there then please help me find one as I feel like I can't find a single thing. I did a google image search and came across what I think is a rendering of a case but I don't think it's real. Can anybody help me?

I found this one company called IN1 Case and they seem to have everything but a knife but I found out it is because they are TSA Approved so I am kind of short in that aspect of what I needed but hopefully it is something I can use. I ordered one for the sake of seeing what it is and for $30 I couldn't lose out on too much.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Would this be what you're looking for?

http://www.swissarmy.com/us/app/product/Travel-Gear/Category/Collections/Lifestyle-Accessories-3-0/Smart-Phone-Case/30374101

Below this it also shows an all in one charger set.

Alright, maybe this is not what you're looking for. According to your post, you're looking for a Swiss army iPhone 5 case that also has attached a knife for cutting the line while you're fishing, is that correct?

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/iphone-toolkit-use-your-iphone-to-fix-your-bike-and-cut-your-steak?mobile=1&version=2

I have never heard or seen this, but obviously anything is possible and out there as I'm seeing now. However, the price is $75 from the link above, and more if you get a colored case.

Sent using iCafe app

#2 MoneyMaker79, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have to agree!

Sent using iCafe app

5. The Professor

The Professor New Member

Yeah I was just looking for a case that has some tools on it and also other small useful stuff for when I am down there I don't need my entire tackle box and stuff. I just want my cell phone and fishing rod as I walk around the lake hitting up different spots to fish.

That TaskOne cell phone case actually never sold or is not selling because the entire thing is made out of metal and as soon as you put your phone in the phone loses all reception especially on an iPhone because of the metal bumpers they have. In the end that case is garbage and I even tried to buy one but their website isn't taking payments at this time but I was glad I didn't because I did a google search and people were complaining about the no service. bulkiness, and weight of it.

I think this IN1 Case is going to be ok for what I need as it is more practical for EVERYDAY use and not just fishing. When I say using it for fishing I don't mean literally in the water but on the grassland that surrounds the lake when pulling a fish out.

The IN1 Cases tools all pull out of the case so you aren't using the case to actually do the task but you are using the actual tools themselves which helps save my phone from any damage as I will pull it out and slide my phone back into my pocket. Well I hope to get this thing in my hands and hope it helps me out on my lazy stroll down to the lake with a little less weight lol.

6. The Professor

The Professor New Member

So I ended up purchasing the IN1 Case and it came in the mail today. My gf opened it up and she said the biggest thing that blew her mind was at how thin the case was and she attached her phone to it and she said it was the same size as her slip on and she loved it had a bunch of stuff and tools and now wants me to order her one as well lol. I will write a review and post up pics of it when I get home.

7. The Professor

The Professor New Member

After a few weeks now with my new IN1 Case and I am the happiest camper I could be. It has helped me out from signing credit card receipts to a random hang nail I had....I plan on posting some pics here of it but their website is helpful as well for any info or colors you might be interested in.

8. The Professor

The Professor New Member

Why am I not allowed to post up some pics?

It says I need a min of 10 posts but I have over 20

9. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

What happens when you try? Using the app or computer?

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You'd rather fiddle with your phone and get fish guts on it while trying to wield it as a knife and pair of scissors than carry a dedicated Swiss Army knife in your pocket?

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

This goes with the growing list of impractical cases :D

12. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Or bumpers!

13. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yes, exactly my point, I already conceded the bumper is included. It goes like this: lighting cable bumper-->Gear case-->Swiss utility knife case :D

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

@Europa, notice I said impractical, I did not say useless, but yes, I have to agree the leeching cable would be the 1st useless 2nd would be the gear case with the Swiss Army knife case being the only one with at least some practical use:D

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I agree with that. I deleted my post seconds after I posted it because I realized your order was correct. At first I thought you were saying the knife was the most impractical but then I realized I read it incorrectly. Can you still see my post?

16. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

No I read it on the follow up email the system sends, by the time I replied the post was gone :)

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Ah. Gotcha.

18. The Professor

The Professor New Member

I am not using the case to cook or gut fish, more like tightening up my reel or cutting a knot on the line. LOL I am not using my actual phone for these things and if I could post pics, then you would all realize the case I purchased these tools come out of the case and are full removable. In no way am I using my actual case to do any of these things and that's why I got so excited about my new case, because I can do all of that and my pockets have lightened up a bunch since I've gotten it.

I am trying to use my work pc to upload pics, if it was a mac I am sure it would have worked by now lol

19. The Professor

The Professor New Member

btw just over a month with this case and I am so pleased. I have used it from fixing my RC car to signing tabs at the bar. The case alone has sparked so many conversations at bars, grocery stores, and just among my friends. I totally dropped the ball on posting up some pics but I ordered a few for my boss and close friends so I will get pics of everyone's cases and post them up.