SwitchEasy Screen Protecter Application

snverhallen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
I just received my SwitchEasy Colors case, but I was wondering how to properly install the Screen Protecter that comes with it, as the instructions are quite vague.

snverhallen

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Whatever you do, try to not touch the "sticky" side AT ALL, if your fingerprints or any dust gets on it, you're screwed. That's how i ruined the first one that came with my Neo. The best way to apply it is to start at the top and lay it on the screen as you slowly peel away the other half.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
look on you tube they have videos about it. I had some that I bought from frys and they sucked a lot of air bubbles I picked up some clear power support from the Apple store and it went on in 2 seconds no air bubbles and feel great!

snverhallen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Whatever you do, try to not touch the "sticky" side AT ALL, if your fingerprints or any dust gets on it, you're screwed. That's how i ruined the first one that came with my Neo. The best way to apply it is to start at the top and lay it on the screen as you slowly peel away the other half.
Thanks for your response. Yeah, I already messed up my first time by getting dust on the sticky side.

I don't understand the at the top thing your talking about though. Could explain again please :).

snverhallen

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Thanks for your response. Yeah, I already messed up my first time by getting dust on the sticky side.

I don't understand the at the top thing your talking about though. Could explain again please :).

snverhallen
Sure, start by aligning the screen protector at the top of your iPhone (where your headphone jack and sleep/wake button is) and slowly apply it down the phone (to where the home button is) while you remove the other half (non-sticky). And smooth out any bubbles that form while doing since they'll be easier to get out. Hope this helps :)

snverhallen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Sure, start by aligning the screen protector at the top of your iPhone (where your headphone jack and sleep/wake button is) and slowly apply it down the phone (to where the home button is) while you remove the other half (non-sticky). And smooth out any bubbles that form while doing since they'll be easier to get out. Hope this helps :)
Thanks so much for your help. I'll keep your tips in mind when I apply it. Also I found this video demo'ing how to apply a SwitchEasy Screen Protecter (skip to 14:10 for SwitchEasy installation)

snverhallen

snverhallen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Damn it. I tried for a second time, and messed it up! I don't think the actual protecter was cut right so I took to much time trying to get it right and it just collected too much dust so it got wrecked! I tell you how my 3rd time goes.

snverhallen

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Thanks so much for your help. I'll keep your tips in mind when I apply it. Also I found this video demo'ing how to apply a SwitchEasy Screen Protecter (skip to 14:10 for SwitchEasy installation)

snverhallen
No problem bro, good luck with your install :laugh2:

One more tip, make sure the edges are all completely down. I didn't and now the screen protector is starting to peel up on two edges :(

snverhallen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
No problem bro, good luck with your install :laugh2:

One more tip, make sure the edges are all completely down. I didn't and now the screen protector is starting to peel up on two edges :(
Thanks! I think you were writing your response at the same time as mine, so you didn't see that the application didn't work because dust got on the sticky side. But I did find a solution, I put the screen protecter under a hot tap, holding through the home button, then I put some soap on it and gently cleaned it. Then I just shook it a bit to get the water droplets off. And now there are no pieces of dust or fingerprints... 100% clean. AND the sticky side remains sticky!

The hotter water the better, and make sure to not dry it off by hand, just wait for it to air dry, which shouldn't take long.

So take those discarded screen protecters that you deemed to dusty, and see if this works. I hope it does!

snverhallen

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Thanks! I think you were writing your response at the same time as mine, so you didn't see that the application didn't work because dust got on the sticky side. But I did find a solution, I put the screen protecter under a hot tap, holding through the home button, then I put some soap on it and gently cleaned it. Then I just shook it a bit to get the water droplets off. And now there are no pieces of dust or fingerprints... 100% clean. AND the sticky side remains sticky!

The hotter water the better, and make sure to not dry it off by hand, just wait for it to air dry, which shouldn't take long.

So take those discarded screen protecters that you deemed to dusty, and see if this works. I hope it does!

snverhallen
yes, didn't see that, my bad. But that's a clever way to resurrect the fudged up screen protectors, thanks :)

snverhallen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
yes, didn't see that, my bad. But that's a clever way to resurrect the fudged up screen protectors, thanks :)
No problem, glad I could help.

Just one more thing. I have two air bubbles in the middle of my screen. Do you have any suggestions on how to get those out?

snverhallen