Switching account to another computer

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by jimmy-m, Sep 8, 2009.

1. jimmy-m

jimmy-m New Member
    Bronze

I am going to be out of town soon. I have my iTunes account on my desktop computer, but will be taking a laptop along with me.

The only thing I want to do while I'm gone is get my podcasts. And not lose my apps when I synch.

How can I do it? Do I cancel the account on the desktop and enable it on the laptop? Start a new account on the laptop and set up the podcasts in that? Could I put iTunes on a thumb drive?

As you can see, I'm pretty clueless on this. :(

Thanks for any help.

2. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

sign into iTunes on your laptop using the same account. In the preferences pane of your ipod/iPhone, tell iTunes to NOT sync music, videos, applications, or info, but DO check the podcasts. That way, the iTunes on your laptop will leave everything as-is except for podcasts.

3. TheLex

TheLex Member
    Bronze

If the podcasts come from iTunes, u can download the latest ones directly from the iPhone. I do it through edge frequently.

4. jimmy-m

jimmy-m New Member
    Bronze

That worked, thanks. I figured out how to do tethering today, too, so I should be good to go.

5. jimmy-m

jimmy-m New Member
    Bronze

I tried that before, but don't think I got it to work. How do you do it? That might actually be easier. I think I had trouble finding the podcasts I listen to.

Thanks.