Switching from Android to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by awesomo, Feb 26, 2011.

1. awesomo

awesomo New Member

hi guys. im an Apple newbie. in fact i've never owned an Apple product let alone an ipod. i am interested in getting a new iPhone, however i have some reservations. i am currently using an Android phone and i love the fact that i can just plug it into my laptop or pc and create folders and drag and drop files in there. it is important for me because i need to sometimes email attachment files for work. can i do this with the iPhone or do i need to do some tweaking or install an app for it. i know Apple has their own system and standards. although the Android has pretty much everything i need because i can careless about iTunes and music. however i do want to give the iPhone a try. oh also can i charge it by plugging it into a pc like my Android? thanks for your help!

2. Phil DeLong

Phil DeLong Member
    Bronze

What kind of files would you be wanting to put on there? And yes, you can charge it with a computer.

3. awesomo

awesomo New Member

mainly pdf files

thanks

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

5. (L)

(L) Contributor
    Bronze

Isn't it funny how most Android users hate on iPhone? But yet a bunch are switching to iPhone. This girl I know swore she'd never get an iPhone because Android was so much better than iPhone 4. I read her Facebook page today because she said she broke her phone which was an Android phone then she said she finally upgraded to iPhone 4. Which made no sense to me because she said before that the iPhone was a downgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

6. maximo916

maximo916 Member
    Bronze

Diff'rent strokes for different folks.
    Arnold_Diffrent_Strokes.jpg

7. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I am not an Android hater, but I believe some people were settling with an Android device since the iPhone wasn't available.

8. Androidiphone

Androidiphone New Member

I just switched from the Motorola Droid 855. I will tell you the truth I loved my droid and having flash ruled. But guess what made up my mind? Netfix that's right I can watch movie right on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

9. J-94

J-94 Zealot
    Bronze

my droid 855 was destroyed...long story... n I upgraded to an iPhone 4 haven't regretted it one bit...I did love my droid tho

10. connie

connie Evangelist
    Gold

I loved my Android too and definitely miss having Flash too and all the customizing. I do love the iPhone too though and already had a lot of apps. The iPhone is a bit more user friendly, the Android you really have to get use to all it can do and then it's great, just not as simple as the iPhone. Both have their plus and minuses. I honestly love them both.

PS-That goes for Web OS too. There are things about it I absolutely love, but the app market hasn't caught up to Apple and Android.
    I guess I am just a tech geek at heart.

11. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

Which makes me wonder if the Android App Market ever will catch up to the App Store. I just don't think the incentive is there for developers like it is with the App Store - they have a much wider audience and a better return on their efforts, I think.

12. connie

connie Evangelist
    Gold

No, I liked the Android Market, to me it was great, the market I was talking about was the WedOS for Palm/HP, I loved the Palm OS just not the market. The Android market had a lot of the apps you find in the iPhone or similar. I was very happy with it and I think developers know it's a big money maker too. I think for Android users it's not a matter of catching up because for the most part it suits.

13. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

In my family an circle of friends there is a mix. Right now I'm with a bunch of my family down in our place in South Florida. My aunt has the Motorola Droid (the latest one). The screen is very, very clear (not as sharp as the iPhone 4) but as far as user friendliness, I give that reward to the iPhone. It's much more intuitive.

14. Sundevil75

Sundevil75 New Member
    Bronze

Uhh both my brothers and a few friends have droids and they all watch Netflix on their phones...it's not just an iPhone thing

15. connie

connie Evangelist
    Gold

The one thing I would love on my iPhone is the screen I had on the Samsung Fascinate. It was stunning.

16. Chex

Chex Member

The only thing I am envious of is the bigger screen. I was checking out my sister in laws Droid X this weekend and the screen is fantastic. I would trade my clearer retina for it.

My notifications with "Lockscreen" are much better.

And I was saddened to find that she has no clue how to do anything but email...what a waste!

17. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/Android_owners_netflix_has_good_news_and_bad_news.php

18. (L)

(L) Contributor
    Bronze

Just converted another Android fanboy to iPhone 4.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

19. Androidiphone

Androidiphone New Member

I'm really trying here to like this phone. Having Netflix and not having to have my iPod with me all the time is nice but boy do I miss my droid. I think if I had to do it over I would go with the droid x.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

20. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Care to elaborate on what you're missing? Are you over the 14 day trial period. If not, return it and get the Droid X.