Switching from Android to iPhone

Mar 8, 2011
I don't know what I'm missing. 14 days not over but is that enough time. Is it just because I'm use to the droid? As I type this I'm missing the keyboard damn it

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

mancuk29

Jan 12, 2011
I'm same always said I hated Apple but got an offer I couldn't refuse after flogging my desire hd (iPhone 4 32gb for £470 direct from 3) as I didn't want to take another contract out
TBH I've never looked back since

lemoon

Bronze
Oct 28, 2010
Netfix that's right I can watch movie right on my phone.
Hmm, same here, Android is great, and I also love it to some degree, but now Im using the iPhone, the Netfix is a great thing appealled to me, that I don't need any ifunia video converter to do conversion for watching videos and movies~

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
These phones and operating systems are all essentially the same, the same is true with the tablets (ipad vs xoom.)
We are at a point where the distinguishing things are non-existent.

The only thing is the Apple design and Apps. In those categories Apple is way ahead.
For the enthusiasts, they also care about the philosophy of Apple for Google. I don't trust open, I like my garden fenced in.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I've seen the Android App Store. Not that impressed. A few decent apps, but so many of them, at least to me, look hastily done and rushed to market.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I am not an Android hater, but I believe some people were settling with an Android device since the iPhone wasn't available.
I agree. I know several people that have Android phones and really want to switch to an iPhone on Verizon, but they all got subsidized Androids within the last 12 months and they aren't willing to pay $650 for a iPhone.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
In the last few months though the Android market was much improved.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Hmm, same here, Android is great, and I also love it to some degree, but now Im using the iPhone, the Netfix is a great thing appealled to me, that I don't need any ifunia video converter to do conversion for watching videos and movies~
So what are you saying? That you need the ifunia app to convert video to play Netflix on Android?

Vegas777

Mar 21, 2011
I switched to the Droid from a BlackBerry 8800 almost a year ago. It was an immediate - BLACKBERRY? WHAT BLACKBERRY?
This past week, my wife and I decided to try out the iPhone (VZW). She loves the iPhone and I'm still undecided.
Here's what I miss (and if there's a way to get these, PLEASE let me know)...

Status Bar
- It doesn't pull down so I can quickly go to the new message I just received
- No icon for new mail, missed call, IM, calendar, etc
- When my screen is locked, I can't see the indicators

Unified Contacts
- I really miss this. Twitter, Facebook, Google Talk, ... all the contacts and their online status are displayed here
- I can see their online status as well

Multi-tasking
- When I get a new message (email), I can go to the status bar and get to that exact new message. When I'm done and I exit that view, I'm taken back to exactly where I eas in whatever I was doing before I got the email/IM/text/etc.
- iPhone: the double-click home makes things a little easier to live with because I was ready to pay the restock fee before I found out that trick

Web Browsing
- Say what you will about page rendering, but I like being able to double tap the screen and have the web page zoom in in such a way that I can see the test without swiping side to side to read the content. The Droid shuffle the text so it fits the zoomed-in width.

App Store
- I have a 13" MBA and I have 4 iPod touch's, iPad, etc. I know about the App Store.
- When my Droid died because I dropped it from on concrete, I got a new Droid. When I put my Google account on my new Droid, not only did my email and contacts ALL show back up but every app and all my settings came back too.
- iTunes does a little of that if you re-download available purchases but the integration on the Droid is a little better
<check your flame suit at the door, I like iTunes - I just don't like the all the quirks of either Market Place or iTunes.>

I'm on day 3 and I'm undecided still.
The iPhone is cool but I have an iPod Touch and an iPad, the Droid feels more integrated for social networks, contacts, and messaging to me.
I'm a consultant and live on my phone. When it doesn't work or has issues, so does my paycheck.

Sundevil75

Bronze
Feb 22, 2011
I have had every iPhone and looking to sell my 4 to check out droids

Sent from your mom

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
I know how you feel, I liked my droid, but hated the battery and that it wasn't as easy as a blackberry to get emails. I have the iPod and want an iPhone, so the questions that you posted I would also like to know the answers too! Great questions!

Sent from my iPod touch using iCafe app

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I switched to the Droid from a BlackBerry 8800 almost a year ago. It was an immediate - BLACKBERRY? WHAT BLACKBERRY?
This past week, my wife and I decided to try out the iPhone (VZW). She loves the iPhone and I'm still undecided.
Here's what I miss (and if there's a way to get these, PLEASE let me know)...
Stick with the Droid. It sounds like you're happy with it anyway with how much you'll obviously be missing its features. The iPhone doesn't do that all of that stuff so look no further... you already have the phone that suits you.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Stick with the Droid. It sounds like you're happy with it anyway with how much you'll obviously be missing its features. The iPhone doesn't do that all of that stuff so look no further... you already have the phone that suits you.
+1

unless you JB

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
You can pretty much get almost all that your asking from Cydia.
Really? Please indicate which Cydia modifications for:

quick touch from status bar notice to app.
back button function.
re-flow web rendering at all zoom levels.
integrated contacts.

Would also like:
replace stock keyboard with swype, etc.
LED notification. I know there isn't one but I'd consider a flashing lock screen at a 10min interval so as not to burn the battery too quickly.

Been sometime since I've been on Cydia, but the wife would appreciate these mods if available.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

AllenConder

Bronze
Dec 13, 2009
Sorry I owned an Android, was a fanboy and trashed iPhone any chance I got...then I bought one after my family moved to t-mobile

That was awhile ago and I'm now on Verizon with the iPhone 4

I'm never going back...ever, yes some things I miss but look at the facts, Android has flash, but can't run Hulu, nor has an app for it, yet right now I can flip on any and watch live MLB games with at bat, any basketball game with league pass, and EVEN every single march maddness game free

Enjoy your "true" multitasking, and customized widgets? Well it's killing your battery faster then you can read my post

Your apps and store are a joke, Android now has MORE phones on MORE networks yet developers would rather make apps on iOS, yet Android is "open" ...when you see an ad on tv and it's followed by "download our app" it says "App Store" 1st (assuming they even mention the Market)

It's one thing to like your phone but I have never (ever) met anyone who owned an Android and iPhone and choose Android

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
If ever you're in Toronto, stop by for some coffee.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Jul 26, 2007
Sorry I owned an Android, was a fanboy and trashed iPhone any chance I got...then I bought one after my family moved to t-mobile

That was awhile ago and I'm now on Verizon with the iPhone 4

I'm never going back...ever, yes some things I miss but look at the facts, Android has flash, but can't run Hulu, nor has an app for it, yet right now I can flip on any and watch live MLB games with at bat, any basketball game with league pass, and EVEN every single march maddness game free

Enjoy your "true" multitasking, and customized widgets? Well it's killing your battery faster then you can read my post

Your apps and store are a joke, Android now has MORE phones on MORE networks yet developers would rather make apps on iOS, yet Android is "open" ...when you see an ad on tv and it's followed by "download our app" it says "App Store" 1st (assuming they even mention the Market)

It's one thing to like your phone but I have never (ever) met anyone who owned an Android and iPhone and choose Android
Here's one!

I owned an iPhone for 3 years and switched to an EVO (and about to be a Thunderbolt) last June and I'd NEVER go back to the iPhone! While it is a great phone its just to boring for me and the same ol thing (for the most part) it was when it came out. Everything in the OS still looks and operates the same, too closed down, no real multitasking, HATE the notification system, and is to small.

All in all...I'm just loving where Android is going...especially with HTC Sense and its getting more and more polished and elegant like the iPhone as the updates are released.

Maybe iOS will actually get a real update in the future that catches up with the times but until then...I have ZERO interest in owning an iPhone again!