Switching from Android to iPhone

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
It happens in many forums. Human nature, I guess.
yes, I guess so. But I wasted a lot of my time trying to follow this thread and this is how it turned out. I'm tired of the android-iphone debates. It's not useful info to me. It got old, quick. You like Android...fine...go play in Android forums....I feel like this forum is polluted with anti iPhoners and pro Androids. I don't go into Android forums and try to convince them to convert. Why do that here? I don't go argue my iPhone is better in Android forums....why do that here? I come here to help and learn...not to constantly witness pointless arguments. It was fun at first, but now it's getting old.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
yes, I guess so. But I wasted a lot of my time trying to follow this thread and this is how it turned out. I'm tired of the android-iphone debates. It's not useful info to me. It got old, quick. You like Android...fine...go play in Android forums....I feel like this forum is polluted with anti iPhoners and pro Androids. I don't got into Android forums and try to convince them to convert. Why do that here? I don't go argue my iPhone is better in Android forums....why do that here? I come here to help and learn...not to constantly witness pointless arguments. It was fun at first, but now it's getting old.
I don't think this forum is "polluted with anti-iphoners". That's a bit strong. I've always welcomed cross platform discussion, emphasis being on discussion. Do some threads go off track? Definitely, happens on any forum. We do our best to allow for open debates, but do try to curtail trolling where we see it.

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
Hi, thinking of coming back to iPhone. Have a couple of question s. Does iPhone have widgets yet? And how about swype? Also can it sync with google calendar? Thank you!

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Hi, thinking of coming back to iPhone. Have a couple of question s. Does iPhone have widgets yet? And how about swype? Also can it sync with google calendar? Thank you!
I will answer the questions in order. No, No and I believe it can sync with google calendar

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
Yes, the iPhone can sync with the Google calendar. Go to this website and follow the instructions.

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I can't find anything on Google search about your Jailbroken iPhone working with Google Calendar. Sorry.
No I think he meant swype. I think swype is available on cydia. But isn't very good and is buggy at the best of times. So coming from an Android I reckon it would suit you perfectly ;)

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
I still have Android bionic. I'm thinking of getting the next iPhone. I just wanted to see if it would have some of the things I like. I started with the original iPhone years ago then moved where att didn't get service. I think that a lot of the apps are available in the app store though. Thanks for the help!

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
O one more, how about google voice?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
There's a lot of talk about the new iOS incorporating a deeply integrated voice feature called Assistant. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
yes, I guess so. But I wasted a lot of my time trying to follow this thread and this is how it turned out. I'm tired of the android-iphone debates. It's not useful info to me. It got old, quick. You like Android...fine...go play in Android forums....I feel like this forum is polluted with anti iPhoners and pro Androids. I don't go into Android forums and try to convince them to convert. Why do that here? I don't go argue my iPhone is better in Android forums....why do that here? I come here to help and learn...not to constantly witness pointless arguments. It was fun at first, but now it's getting old.
I think a lot of people who take the time to read/post on forums like this are natural evangelists for whatever products they use. I know I am. I was a Nokia fanboy back in the day, going so far as to become a "Symbian Ambassador", part of a guerrilla marketing campaign to spread the word about how capable Symbian phones truly were. Then I started using BlackBerrys (again) and converted a fair number of family members and friends to BlackBerry.

Folks get passionate about their platform choices and many lose perspective. Then the debates can get nasty. But in the end, who really cares what type of phone somebody else uses? Each person should use whatever works best for him. The search for the perfect personal communications device has taken me several decades (yes - decades!) and it's still not complete. So for now I'm a very happy iPhone 4s user. Android was cool for a while, but the lure of BlackBerry called me back. Maybe it will call me back again, away from the iPhone. It got me to abandon Nokia (well, truthfully, Symbian just lagged so badly it couldn't take it), my flirtation with the Palm Pre lasted about 3 weeks, and Android lasted almost a year.

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
Its all about iPhone and Samsung at the moment, both deserve a tap on the back. But personally i went iPhone because of my fellow friends having one.