Switching iPhone from PC to Mac

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

fishert16

Sep 17, 2007
Ok first I just bought a new macbook and was wanting to switch my iPhone from my PC desktop to my Macbook. My question is is there way to take my iPhone and connect it to my macbook and transfer all of my contacts and calendar events. If so whats the process and as well if there is not what is the best way to add these to my macbook from my PC or from my iPhone. If what I am asking is confusing ask me to clarify. Thanks in advance.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Ok first I just bought a new macbook and was wanting to switch my iPhone from my PC desktop to my Macbook. My question is is there way to take my iPhone and connect it to my macbook and transfer all of my contacts and calendar events. If so whats the process and as well if there is not what is the best way to add these to my macbook from my PC or from my iPhone. If what I am asking is confusing ask me to clarify. Thanks in advance.
When you start the sync process, you will be asked if you want to merge or replace the info on the iPhone (contacts, calendars, mail accounts...). Obviously, MERGE!

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
yes you want to merge them and everything will be just great. I actually just had to do this myself about a week ago

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
No, your music won't be automatically transferred. You can copy it on a DVD from your PC to Mac, or if all you need is the music on your iPhone transferred to your mac, the iPhoneDrive software will allow you to transfer all your music/video/pic files for 9 bucks.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Just thought I'd chime in here and add my two cents. When I moved over to Mac, I found the option in iTunes to scan my iPhone for iTunes purchases, and then download whatever it finds to my Mac.

After a few syncs between the two computers and I had my music/movie library of iTunes purchases on both.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Same for me.

For instance, if there's a song on your iPhone, and you delete the same song from your Library accidentally, when you connect the iPhone, iTunes asks you "iTunes has found purchased items on this iPhone that were not found in your Music Library. Would you like to transfer them?".

- John