Switching phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fsas06, May 1, 2011.

1. fsas06

fsas06 Member
    Silver

the less im at these forums the more i forget how iPhones work, so sorry if this is a no brainer lol
    my mom is planing on gettting a new iPhone, and i want a 32 gig. so shes gonna buy the 32 and im just gonna give her my 16gig. can she can back up her phone and i back up mine, i restore my 161gig from her back up and i restore the new 32 from my back up ?

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

3. fsas06

fsas06 Member
    Silver

heres another dumb question, my dad has his ipod connecting to their computer. will my mom be able to connecet/back up her phone and manage apps on the same computer ?

4. Simpleman

Simpleman Member
    Bronze

I upgraded to an iP4s and am going to give my wife my iPhone 4. Is it simply a matter of switching sim cards out of her 3Gs or do I have to go through AT&T?

Regards

5. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member
    Bronze

When I did the same thing, I just went to At&T and they swapped out the sims for me. Took a matter of 10 mins. Though I have seen quite a few posts mentioning cutting around the sim to make it fit, but I haven't tried this.

6. Workoutninja

Workoutninja Member
    Bronze

You just need to go to AT&T and let them know your wife needs a new sim for the 4 since the sim in the 3GS isn't compatible. Shouldn't take long to do.