Switching SIM card from 3G to v1 iPhone

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
When i tried to put the sim card in the v1 iPhone and i connected to iTunes its asking me for phone number zip code you know all the process to activated it but I just have quick question for the Apple pros here if I will do that will that change anything on my att account?

If I will put it back to my iPhone 3g will that make any charges for the att account like second activation?

Please let me know thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
the only reason i do that because i want to unlock the iPhone v1 for my wifes line, i know i wont be able to use internet and stuff but only to receive and make phone calls will be perfect :)

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Is this a first-generation iPhone you had and then you upgraded to the 3G? If so, your first-generation iPhone was automatically de-activated when you switched to your 3G, so connecting that first-generation iPhone to iTunes will prompt you to start a whole new account and contract, so don't do it (unless you do want to start a new line with it for your wife). If not, you'll need to use Pwnage or some other tool to activate and unlock that first-generation iPhone so your wife can use it. It does not need any SIM in it to be unlocked/activated with Pwnage, but your 3G SIM will work in it once you're finished.