Switching to 3GS?

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
Should I just delete all my informations, apps etc. from the 3G before I exchange it? or what do I need to do? thanks

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
After doing a final "back-up" of it - do a complete restore then remove your sim card.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I'm not doing a backup of my v1. Only thing I am backing up is my contacts because I don't want to make a "new phone. need your numbers!" group on Facebook. But yeah you need to restore it to protect your information!

ufcollins

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Jacksonville
What do i need to do if i am upgrading from a V1 to a 3GS and i am giving my V1 to my father? Since we are using the same computer and iTunes account, what do we need to do? Is he going to have to make a new iTunes account? Thanks for the help

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
I went to backup and did one with windows I believe how do I check and make sure my contacts are saved in backup? When youyou do a backup at iTunes it automatically saves your contacts right if so where do you find them to make sure their backedup

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
When you mean back up, meaning syncing with iTunes? Also, I'm so stupid:) what is a sim card and where is it located? Sorry, I only have this phone a few weeks and haven't gotten familiar with it yet. Thanks

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
When you mean back up, meaning syncing with iTunes? Also, I'm so stupid:) what is a sim card and where is it located? Sorry, I only have this phone a few weeks and haven't gotten familiar with it yet. Thanks
Backups are normally done during a sync, but to be safe you can right click on your iPhone in the left hand column where the eject button is and there should be an option to back up. The sim card is what has all your account information so you can access the network and is located in the slot at the top of the phone. You would need a sim ejector tool or a paperclip to put into the small hole on top to eject it.