Sync/Back-up "Notes"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
So... as a new upgrade is on the horizon I want to make sure I can save as much data as I can off my phone.

My calendar and contacts are in my outlook... check.

My notes have no application to back up and restore! Anyone have an export tool?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
So... as a new upgrade is on the horizon I want to make sure I can save as much data as I can off my phone.

My notes have no application to back up and restore! Anyone have an export tool?
I've restored my iPhone twice now and each time I sync right before, restore, and then sync again to get all of the information back on. Both times my notes were synced back onto the iPhone so they do, in fact, sync with your computer. I guess I can't fully guarantee this because I don't want to get blamed but I can tell you that I'm 99% sure that it will work for you too. I would email all your notes to yourself right before just in case :)

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I've restored my iPhone twice now and each time I sync right before, restore, and then sync again to get all of the information back on. Both times my notes were synced back onto the iPhone so they do, in fact, sync with your computer. I guess I can't fully guarantee this because I don't want to get blamed but I can tell you that I'm 99% sure that it will work for you too. I would email all your notes to yourself right before just in case :)
I was actually unlocking my phone and installing 3rd party apps and stuff and I did like 3 or 4 restores in the process and one of the times no notes came back. Kind of sucked.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona

While Notes should come back after a restore there was one time for me that they did not.

So now I backup the notes database. It's here:
\var\root\Library\Notes\notes.db

That one file contains all notes. Back it up and you have backed up your notes. Restore it and you've restored your notes.

So while iPhone backups should restore notes I'd rather take matters into my own hands. Twice bitten and all that...

--
Mike

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
While Notes should come back after a restore there was one time for me that they did not.

That one file contains all notes. Back it up and you have backed up your notes. Restore it and you've restored your notes.

So while iPhone backups should restore notes I'd rather take matters into my own hands. Twice bitten and all that...

--
Mike
Thanks for all the great info.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007

--
Mike
I've done this before, but is there any application I can use on my computer to read the .db file or is this only able to be read by iPhones?