Sync backup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Plow13, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Plow13

Plow13 New Member

My computer just won't do the update to ios5. It stays on "backing up" for over 3 hours. Anyway if I do the update at a friends comp I know I will lose my apps. But they should all sync back again when I sync to my computer right?

2. imamac

imamac Member
    Bronze

Mine did that, too. I don't back up that often so I just let it run its course. It took several hours to back up and then to install iOS5, too.

3. Plow13

Plow13 New Member

I let it run for over 4 hours and the back up bar didn't get anymore than 10 percent

4. imamac

imamac Member
    Bronze

Mine hung between 10-20% for a while and then kicked in and got through the rest of the process bar much faster. Do you back up very often? Do you have a lot of photos or videos?

5. Plow13

Plow13 New Member

I have no photo or video. I sync all the time but is there a different option to backup?

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Mine hung for 15 minutes about 5% then took off. After that was about 20minutes to install 5.0
    Did you update iTunes?

7. imamac

imamac Member
    Bronze

If you back up all the time and you're sure all your stuff is in iTunes you can cancel the back up by clicking the the "x" to the right of the progress bar. It will cancel the back up and move on to the next step ... this is from my experience. I'm not a Mac genius. ;)

8. Plow13

Plow13 New Member

I did update iTunes