Sync contacts. v. caller picture id?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
when I sync my contacts, will it sync my caller id too?

I jailbroke my phone, now its starting to shut programs down, not too what i want, it just isn't operating as smooth as it was out of the box.

I want to wipe everything out, but I have a lot of picture caller ids and i don't want to lose them.

amedina

Sep 22, 2007
www.flickr.com
when I sync my contacts, will it sync my caller id too?

I jailbroke my phone, now its starting to shut programs down, not too what i want, it just isn't operating as smooth as it was out of the box.

I want to wipe everything out, but I have a lot of picture caller ids and i don't want to lose them.

I did a restore on mine, and outlook keeps the contacts with their proper pictures on your computer. Just make sure you replace the info on the iPhone and not on the PC. Make a PC backup just in case you mess it up.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Check what ever program you are using on your computer for contacts to see if the picture are part of the contact info. I am on a Mac and I use address book for my contacts and it moves the contact pictures to the address book on my mac when I sync.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Photo contacts are synced and saved with Outlook. What's more... if you cropped and positioned a picture on your iPhone and assigned it to a contact, the entire picture is saved when synced, not just the section you cropped. Of course it remembers your formatting as well. Pretty cool!

Also did you know that if you assign Caller ID photos on the iPhone (vs. Outlook) they will show up full screen instead of in a thumbnail? I had a lot of photo ID's saved from my old WM5 phone and they look like crap on the iPhone!