Sync error with heavy music/video files

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Hi. Ever since i've updated to 1.1.4 i have started getting this sync error whenever i try to upload heavy files (over 150mb) on my iPhone:
"The iPhone,"M'siPhone" cannot be synced. The disc could not be read from or written to."
What could be the problem? This only happens when there are heavy files. If i remove those videos or music then the sync goes through just fine.
Also, didn't have this problem earlier. Only started after i updated to 1.1.4.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Man, that's strange, cause I just loaded 2 vids, both over 350mb, onto my iPhone without a problem. Are you jailbroken?

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Man, that's strange, cause I just loaded 2 vids, both over 350mb, onto my iPhone without a problem. Are you jailbroken?
Yup jailbroken, but hav'nt put much on the phone yet. I'm thinking it could be a problem with the usb port on my computer. Will hv to get it checked up.

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
try all the other USB ports, see what happens.
Its not a usb issue. Apparently a lot of people are facing this problem. Its a compatiblity issue between XP and the iPhone/iTunes software. You can read about it here:

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=6388841#6388841

Anyone else having this same problem here is the solution:

"Ok so not to jinx myself or anything, but I may have found a solution to our problem! I did 2 things that could have fixed the error so you may want to do both before trying to sync anything again. First I rolled the driver back on the Apple Mobile Device. You can find this in the Device Manager, right click, properties, driver, roll back driver. After rolling the driver back, go back into the driver menu and click update driver. This ends the first task. The second task is to click start, then click run, type services.msc, right click on Apple Mobile Device, click Restart. This ends the second task. Now try syncing something that would normally cause the error. Hopefully you'll have no troubles as I have synced nearly 3 gigs of video in less than 5 minutes with no problems! Let me know if this helps... " solution provided by Shane Brauer.

Edit: If rollback driver option is not available then just update driver.

ozlyn

Jul 16, 2008
Thanks dude

Its not a usb issue. Apparently a lot of people are facing this problem. Its a compatiblity issue between XP and the iPhone/iTunes software. You can read about it here:

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=6388841#6388841

Anyone else having this same problem here is the solution:

"Ok so not to jinx myself or anything, but I may have found a solution to our problem! I did 2 things that could have fixed the error so you may want to do both before trying to sync anything again. First I rolled the driver back on the Apple Mobile Device. You can find this in the Device Manager, right click, properties, driver, roll back driver. After rolling the driver back, go back into the driver menu and click update driver. This ends the first task. The second task is to click start, then click run, type services.msc, right click on Apple Mobile Device, click Restart. This ends the second task. Now try syncing something that would normally cause the error. Hopefully you'll have no troubles as I have synced nearly 3 gigs of video in less than 5 minutes with no problems! Let me know if this helps... " solution provided by Shane Brauer.

Edit: If rollback driver option is not available then just update driver.
I was getting ready to throw my IPod touch across the room. I have only had it for 2 days and the problems were coming up. Again thanks.

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
I was getting ready to throw my IPod touch across the room. I have only had it for 2 days and the problems were coming up. Again thanks.
No worries mate! Glad to be of some help to u.