Sync iPad and iPhone Simultaneously?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by iPutz, Oct 1, 2013.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I have looked for info on this but cannot find anything. If this has been covered before please point me in the right direction and I will look it up.

Can I start a sync session between iTunes and my iPhone and immediately start syncing my iPad as well before the iPhone sync has finished? I don't want to try it and end up with problems if the answer is no.

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Just try it and see, what could possibly go wrong? I'm just joking, but seriously, I'm also curious about this. I was going to try syncing my two iPhones at the same time over the weekend but thought better of it. I'm already having sync issues with my 4S since restoring to iOS 7, I don't want to bork the 5S too.

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I just tried syncing both my iPhone and iPad at the same time and it seems to have worked with no apparent loss of data on either device or the computer. I added three different fake contacts to my contacts lists. One to MS Outlook, one to the iPhone and one to the iPad. All the contacts added now show up in all three places, so I guess you can indeed sync more than one device at the same time.