Sync iPhone Contacts and Calendar TO Outlook

Jul 13, 2008
Suburbs of Chicao
Hello all!
I have 2 questions, after I give you some background info.

Currently using iPhone 1.0 with iTunes 7.7

I have a new computer, but all of my contacts and calendar appointments are saved on my iPhone.

1) How do I sync my calendar and contacts to my Outlook? I don't want to sync it and then my contacts and calendars are wiped out...I'd be pissed :)

2) If I update my iPhone with the new 2.0 software update, will it delete my calendar and contacts from my iPhone?

Please help!

Thank you so much!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Hello all!
I have 2 questions, after I give you some background info.

Currently using iPhone 1.0 with iTunes 7.7

I have a new computer, but all of my contacts and calendar appointments are saved on my iPhone.

1) How do I sync my calendar and contacts to my Outlook? I don't want to sync it and then my contacts and calendars are wiped out...I'd be pissed :)

2) If I update my iPhone with the new 2.0 software update, will it delete my calendar and contacts from my iPhone?

Please help!

Thank you so much!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
1. As long as you have outlook 2003 or 0utlook 2007 it will sync automatically (as long as you haven't changed any of the outlook default settings). Just plug it in and iTunes will do all the rest.

2. As long as you sync your iPhone to iTunes you won't lose any of your contacts or calendar appointments. iTunes will do a full back up and then completely wipe your iPhone. After that, it will load all your data, settings, and media back to your phone. It will take a little while; mine took about 40 minutes total.

Jul 13, 2008
Suburbs of Chicao
Overwrite or Merge?

When I select the iPhone to sync contacts and calendar with Outlook will I get the option to merge or overwrite? I just don't want to take my chances and then I loose all of my contacts and calendars! Since my outlook has a blank calendar and no contacts and my iPhone has all of these things all I have to do is sync it and it will move my calendar and contacts to Outlook?

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I don't recall an option other than merge. In any event, it worked for me.

Jul 13, 2008
Suburbs of Chicao
Outlook

I'm sorry to be a pest, but if I choose to SYNC it's not going to copy the calendar and contacts from Outlook to iPhone will it? If that is the case, then it will completely erase everything, because my Outlook is blank. Maybe I'm not explaining it right:

How can I copy my calendar and contacts from my iPhone to my Outlook?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
When I select the iPhone to sync contacts and calendar with Outlook will I get the option to merge or overwrite? I just don't want to take my chances and then I loose all of my contacts and calendars! Since my outlook has a blank calendar and no contacts and my iPhone has all of these things all I have to do is sync it and it will move my calendar and contacts to Outlook?

You will get a pop-up message saying 'this will change more then 5% of the contact on your computer, do you want to proceed?'

Click yes. Since your computer has 0 contacts and your iPhone has 10-100 or whatever, iTunes can see you want to move from iPhone to computer.

pcola

May 23, 2009
Hi, My first post ever to a thread, so bear with me.
I have xp, outlook2007, iPhone.

Outlook on my pc has 1100 contacts.
iPhone contacts I've edited down to under 500

I don't want to merge the two lists. How do I sync and keep them separate?
I'm guessing that I could do a separate group in outlook but can I target
my iPhone contacts to that group without overwriting anything?

Thanks for your patience.