sync iPhone to 2 or more computer for Outlook data only

gjantz1

Jan 19, 2009
I just purchased a new iPhone G3 8GB. Sales told me I could sync between two computers.
I purchase jailbreak and that did not work. I did the edit of iTunes 4 time (one after reformating drive c:
and doing a clean reinstall. The syne starts on the second computer new Dell with XP Pro. after syns starts
it just stops and the iPhone goes back to the mail screen. Is there any way to sync between two computers? After my last post I did two more tries at this.

Outlook 2003 on both computers
iTunes 8 .0.2.20 on both computers
iPhone 2.2.1 (5H11), MB046LL MODEL
MODEM FIRMWARE 02.30.03

Gerald Jantz
Western Computer

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
The only way I have found to sync between my computers for out look calendars is with the gmail calendar. Go to the main forum page and scroll down to Desktop Software, Windows PC and iPhone and do a search there. You will find more than enough information to help you provided what you want to do can be done. Hope this helps.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I use Google Calendar to sync them. On my work pc i use outlook, and you can download google calendar sync that runs automatically in the background. Then at home on my laptop, i use Ical, so i downloaded google calendar sync again which runs in the background. This means any changes i make to my calendar on either computer when i sync my iPhone on my laptop, its always up to date! You definatly cant sync your iPhone to more than 1 PC.

Mes

Jan 29, 2009
Google just release their Google Sync product today. If I read it correctly, this might work. I'm still sorting out the details with Google/Outlook and the iPhone on a single computer. I'm not ready to take the plunge. I've lost way too much stuff being the 1st to try new sync'ing programs.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Google released sync at least 6 months ago, as i installed it as soon as i got my iPhone, its a seemless sync. The only problem is that it doesn't keep my phone up to date like exchange server would, but as soon as i sync then its fine, so no real problems for me

gjantz1

Jan 19, 2009
The one I used is almost the same , this has more details
Thanks