Sync iPhone to Laptop and to Desktop?

castik

Sep 18, 2007
Hey all... just got my hands on an 8GB iPhone and I love it! Just want to know if it's possible to sync my iPhone to a laptop and to my desktop? I first got it sync to my laptop which is iTunes v7 and then when I tried to sync it to my desktop iTunes v742, IT DOES NOT WORK. It says to restore my settings but I cannot do that since I unlocked it to work in Canada. Any tips?:(

castik

Sep 18, 2007
Generally this will happen when you put the device on a new computer i.e your desktop. I think it was design to work that way a work around would be to put the music on the desktop onto the laptop and sync it from there
Thnx! I made it work! All I had to do was to update both iTunes to the same version 7.4.

sp1d3y

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
laptop and desktop

well I am in the process of creating a pc thats going to run tiger and was wondering if possible what might happen when I connect it to tiger even though I was updating it with a reg. pc prior. I have pics and other things on the iPhone which I do not want to lose. ?

castik

Sep 18, 2007
well I am in the process of creating a pc thats going to run tiger and was wondering if possible what might happen when I connect it to tiger even though I was updating it with a reg. pc prior. I have pics and other things on the iPhone which I do not want to lose. ?
I believe that your previous data will be deleted!

sp1d3y

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
I understand I will lose certain things but what about the photos that were taken with the iPhone on a regular day basis? Anyone know what might happen to those photos? I could care less if the other stuff is deleted or the phone is converted back to the original settings.