Sync iPhone to Laptop and to Desktop?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

castik

Sep 18, 2007
Hey all... just got my hands on an 8GB iPhone and I love it! Just want to know if it's possible to sync my iPhone to a laptop and to my desktop? I first got it sync to my laptop which is iTunes v7 and then when I tried to sync it to my desktop iTunes v742, IT DOES NOT WORK. It says to restore my settings but I cannot do that since I unlocked it to work in Canada. Any tips?:(

castik

Sep 18, 2007
Generally this will happen when you put the device on a new computer i.e your desktop. I think it was design to work that way a work around would be to put the music on the desktop onto the laptop and sync it from there
Thnx! I made it work! All I had to do was to update both iTunes to the same version 7.4.

sp1d3y

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
laptop and desktop

well I am in the process of creating a pc thats going to run tiger and was wondering if possible what might happen when I connect it to tiger even though I was updating it with a reg. pc prior. I have pics and other things on the iPhone which I do not want to lose. ?

castik

Sep 18, 2007
well I am in the process of creating a pc thats going to run tiger and was wondering if possible what might happen when I connect it to tiger even though I was updating it with a reg. pc prior. I have pics and other things on the iPhone which I do not want to lose. ?
I believe that your previous data will be deleted!

sp1d3y

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
I understand I will lose certain things but what about the photos that were taken with the iPhone on a regular day basis? Anyone know what might happen to those photos? I could care less if the other stuff is deleted or the phone is converted back to the original settings.