Sync iPhone with Google Calnedar

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gator054

Jun 26, 2007
Since I use Google Apps, I was only going to transition over to iPhone if I could sync my calnedar with the iPhone. It looks like there is an application called Spanning Sync that will enable sync of Google Calendar with iTunes calendar so that the Google calendar will look like the iPhone.

Is this the only method that you are aware of or are there other ways? Thanks.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Since I use Google Apps, I was only going to transition over to iPhone if I could sync my calendar with the iPhone. It looks like there is an application called Spanning Sync that will enable sync of Google Calendar with iTunes calendar so that the Google calendar will look like the iPhone.

Is this the only method that you are aware of or are there other ways? Thanks.
There are other ways but I don't know if they are any better than Spanning Sync. Depending on how your work flow goes...in Google calendar you can set it up to to send your daily agenda to your phone and if the web browser works like they say it will then you should be able to access your google calendars straight from the browser....good luck.

gator054

Jun 26, 2007
After posting my question, I came across some articles on Spanning Sync and it looks as though this will be the best option. Having a daily schedule sent is just not practical. I think the next thing that has to occur with Spanning Sync is wireless sync such that the Google Gmail push and Google Calendar push occur over the air without having to do anything...

This will make the iPHONE an option for businesss users in this manner.

mpatt

Jul 1, 2007
mobilegcal.com

If you've got a Google Calendar and an iPhone then mobilegcal.com is your best bet.

Service is hosted on a Mac Server, real-time access to all calendars and dates (true wireless) with add, update and delete functionality.

No functionality for Google Apps just yet.

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
i think you can sync google calendar with iCal if you have a mac. when i receive invites to google calendar events, they automatically sync to my iCal. then when i sync iPhone, they are added to the iPhone calendar.
if that doesn't work, google is working on iPhone apps. they have stated this a month or so ago. there are supposedly updates to iPhone software coming in a week or two and a BIG update in fall. i would assume by fall, the iPhone will be ready for businessses.