Sync iPhone with palm via Outlook express

Jan 18, 2009
This is becoming a large headache. Have a took called express mirror but can't seem to get to functioning the right way. I'm trying to sync the palm tugsten e with outlook express and then to the iPhone. when using express mirror. It only shows the data on outlook express on the right but no data on the left from the palm. Can anyone out there help. If I can't sync the data then I don't know of any way to sync it to the iPhone Help!:mad:

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I don't know about the Tungsten but I came over from the Treo 650. I synced the treo calendar w/ MS outlook, not express then synced via iTunes w/ the iPhone. I had to export contacts via ical then bring them into contacts in MS outlook. I did a lot of searching here in EIC and on the internet. MS outlook has a lot of info via their help menue. Good luck.

Jan 18, 2009
Thanks much. But the problem is that I have outlook express. Any suggestions?

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Go to the forum main page scroll down to Desktop Software to the topic Windows PC and iPhone you will find this post there. It may not help but hope so..I don't think you can do what you want with express.

I did it, but it wasn't very easy.

You'll have to use Outlook (not Outlook Express) for the Calander, and either Outlook or Windows Address Book for the contacts list.

In Palm Desktop, you select contacts to display your contacts, then click :
File,
Export,
type a name to export the file to (ie: palmcontacts) and export file type as comma separated (*.csv, *.txt)

This will export the entire contact list into a file.

Then in Outlook or Windows Address book, you simply import the file you just exported from the Palm software, and presto. It won't be a perfect copy, you might have to edit some fields, but the most common data will be copied.

For the Calander, its the same process as above but it will only work with Microsoft Outlook, not Outlook Express.

You can't export or save your palm memo's or to do list. those would have to be manually entered into the iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 18, 2009
What I did so far was to get into windows address book and create a new folder called palmcontacts. Then what you are saying is go into contacts and than export and call the file palmcontacts.cvs,txt is that right

Jan 18, 2009
Sorry, I meant go into the palm desktop, hit export and call it the same name as I set up in windows address book called palmcontact,cvs,txt is that right? if so, how do I then get this into the iPhone?

Jan 18, 2009
Also, when going to palm desktop, and I hit export, it gives my "my documents, my desktop etc. What should I enter. sorry to make you nuts with this but its a bit confusing and driving me up a wall. Thanks much
Jan

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Jan,

Go to the forum main page. Click on search and type in import contacts from palm. There should be something there to help you. I can't do it right now but will look at it a little later. Let me know if anything in this search helps. I just checked it and there appeared to be a number of threads to check out.

Jan 18, 2009
I tried but nothing regarding outlook express. There is program called LivePim but there is no support number at all and it seems to be one big flop

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Jan,

I don't think you can do it using outlook express. I just did a search 'import data from palm to outlook express' and there are several posts. One from a member named Hawk who is very knowledgeable saying it can't be done using express. Sorry

Jan 18, 2009
Thanks much for all your trouble. Actually, if I could get my contacts in I would be a happy camper. The only think I could do is call palm and see if they have an answer. Thanks much

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I just went to Palm's home page and clicked on forums and did a search for 'exporting contacts' and there were a number of posts. Check it out.