Sync music from CDs without transferring purchased music?

Discussion in 'iPod Touch' started by Fiona Brennan, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Fiona Brennan

Fiona Brennan Member
    Bronze

My friend gave me her iPod as she wanted me to transfer all my purchased music,now she wants all my music that I down loaded from CDs, how can I sync my library without putting the purchased music on her ipod again!

#1 Fiona Brennan, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  2. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

The only thing you can do is manually manage music. If you sync, it will erase everything first, because syncing music files from multiple computers is not allowed.

Manually managing music means you have to drag and drop from within iTunes any time you want to put music on it. There's a checkbox in the summary screen to enable that, then you click Apply. Click and drag a playlist from the sidebar up to the iPod to add it, click and drag a song from the library to the iPod to add just a song. To delete a song or playlist, you can delete it from the iPod music app itself (swipe across it in the list of playlists or songs, tap Delete). To delete it from the iPod using iTunes, first get to the iPod Music window in the sidebar. The main window should then have the list of songs that are on it, and the toolbar at the bottom will have options like Autofill and Settings. Select the songs to delete, and then hit Delete (or Edit -> Delete, or right-click and delete).

3. mawsmedia

mawsmedia New Member

Thanks fury for the info. Now I know why the files on my iPad was wiped out when I inserted it to my friends pc.

4. dhonna

dhonna New Member

my sister installed something in iPod4 at setting general after installing it shut down and after a while it blinked with a Apple logo and we can't used the iPod, please help us what should we do thanks .

5. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Sounds like a software update gone wrong.

Try holding in the power button for about 5 seconds and see if it turns back on. Should see the Apple logo for a couple minutes, then maybe a little progress bar, and it should come back on some time after that.

If it shows the Apple logo and then just shuts back off, keep trying to turn it back on. I've seen a phone take a couple of tries to get it to finally start up.

Also, make sure it's on the charger - if it has low battery while it's trying to update the software, it can possibly turn into a brick.