Sync Music From multiple computer

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Is there a way I can plug my iPhone into a second (third, forth, etc.) computer with an iTunes library and simply add music from their library to my iPhone's pre existing music (put on there from my iTunes), without losing the music already on the phone. Until now I know the answer to be no. Anyone?

pramod91

Nov 9, 2007
Yes you can

with the latest iTunes update you can, its just like your old ipod for music , just make sure you check you want to manually manage music under the iPhone section in iTunes.

piratemc74

Jan 12, 2008
unless something recently changed, when you try to sync the second computer it will tell you that you can only sync iPhone to one cputer and will erase all content if you continue

pramod91

Nov 9, 2007
like I said earlier. With the new iTunes update and 1.1.3 you no longer have to sync music. You can manually manage music and movies.

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
like I said earlier. With the new iTunes update and 1.1.3 you no longer have to sync music. You can manually manage music and movies.
Does this mean I can delete all the music out of iTunes without it deleting all music from my iPhone the next time I want to add a song or two ? Thanks in advance. If so, please explain how I would go about adding new music to my iPhone without it erasing all the music that I removed from iTunes. The reason I'd like to get rid of my iTunes music is because I'm running out of hard drive space. So this IS possible ? Cheers !

piratemc74

Jan 12, 2008
Not exactly. Even when you "manage manually", I think it will look at what's on iTunes, and "sync" to the iPhone. Tryit and see. Set your iTunes to "manage manually", delete one song from iTunes, that you have on iPhone. Then, move a song you don't have in the iPhone, to the iPhone, so it will do a "sync" - even though it's set to manual, it still says "sync". When it's done, are both songs still on the iPhone, even though only one is in iTunes? If so, you're on your way....