Sync old Palm data to iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

roloru

Oct 31, 2007
No problem syncing contacts from Palm Desktop software on Mac into iPhone via Apples's Address Book but Big Problem getting calendar data from Palm Desktop into iPhone. Persistent crashes when trying to transfer Palm data into Apple's iCal from where it would then be easy to sync with iPhone. Any suggestions?

zalel

Nov 2, 2007
same here

I want to replace Palm desktop with Studiometry. However, before doing that, I need to export my Calendar. My vCal export always fails, so I am looking for an appliication that can read native Palm Desktop files. Looking in your reviews, I have found nothing which can accomplish this task. I'd love to find something!

justfocus

Dec 2, 2008
Transfer content from Palm | TX to 3G iPhone

Hey Zalel,

Can you share with me how you best transfer data from my palm to iPhone?

Thanks for your help!

justfocus

No problem syncing contacts from Palm Desktop software on Mac into iPhone via Apples's Address Book but Big Problem getting calendar data from Palm Desktop into iPhone. Persistent crashes when trying to transfer Palm data into Apple's iCal from where it would then be easy to sync with iPhone. Any suggestions?

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Hey Zalel,

Can you share with me how you best transfer data from my palm to iPhone?

Thanks for your help!

justfocus
I have tried any number of ways and the only successful way I have found to transfer and keep in sync the calendar is via the google calendar. I have 2 desktops, one with MS 03 and one with MS 07 and the iPhone. Google has all the instructions on how to do it. I use Toodledo for my Task manager. Hope this helps.

Dec 11, 2008
new iPhone user

need help in transferring Palm calendar entries to iPhone. Tranf'd Palm addresses via Outlook, but need help in Palm Calendar.

I have tried any number of ways and the only successful way I have found to transfer and keep in sync the calendar is via the google calendar. I have 2 desktops, one with MS 03 and one with MS 07 and the iPhone. Google has all the instructions on how to do it. I use Toodledo for my Task manager. Hope this helps.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
need help in transferring Palm calendar entries to iPhone. Tranf'd Palm addresses via Outlook, but need help in Palm Calendar.
If I understand you correctly you want to sync / transfer your palm calendar with your iPhone. I don't believe it can be done. When I made the change from the Treo 650 I entered each entry into MS Outlook calendar. There was no way then to copy / transfer or sync the Palm calendar to the iPhone. Sorry

Dec 11, 2008
Thanks for responding. So, I will have to sync Palm contacts into Outlook then try to transfer this into iPhone. Have you done this?
Toni

If I understand you correctly you want to sync / transfer your palm calendar with your iPhone. I don't believe it can be done. When I made the change from the Treo 650 I entered each entry into MS Outlook calendar. There was no way then to copy / transfer or sync the Palm calendar to the iPhone. Sorry

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Thanks for responding. So, I will have to sync Palm contacts into Outlook then try to transfer this into iPhone. Have you done this?
Toni
Try this link, you may need to copy it and paste it in your browser.

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/crawl_message?board.id=software&message.id=15141

'Or, instead of buying software, you could just select all of your contacts ( in your Palm desktop), then open the menu, then select "export vCard". 'Select all, then export to vcard' Then, in outlook,open the menu, then select the file you created, and hit the import button.'

Then you syn via iTunes your iPhone with MS Contacts.

I hope this helps. I did it this way and it worked.