Sync, or combine multiple calendars

1. JRA49

JRA49 New Member

I have inadvertently created multiple calendars on my iPhone. I need to find a way to combine, or sync them into one. I need to make sure there is just one calendar and that it is my iCloud calendar. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. fury

fury Evangelist Gold

In the Calendar app, tap the Calendars button in the top left corner. The various accounts you have on your phone will be displayed, along with each of the calendars that are in those accounts. That should give you some clue as to where the other calendars came from. You can hide all calendars and then only turn on one of them to see what events that calendar contains. (List view is most helpful in that regard)

If the extraneous calendars ended up in your iCloud account, you can tap the Edit button, then tap the calendar to bring up the edit screen. Scroll down to the bottom and there will be a Delete Calendar button. Do this only if you're sure that calendar has nothing useful to you. For any events you need to move to another calendar, edit them first. You can pick which calendar they are saved to in the edit screen of the event. I don't know of a way to mass-move them. If the calendar is deleted, any event it contains will also be deleted.

For other kinds of accounts, you would have to turn off "Calendars" in Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> account name

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. JRA49

JRA49 New Member

Thanks for the response. I have now placed all my calendar schedule into one calendar. I chose the "My Calendar" that is in my iCloud account. Do you think that will sync with Outlook 2010?

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator Moderator

Thread moved to the iOS Software section.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fury

fury Evangelist Gold

Sure will on Windows Vista or 7.

You'll need to install iCloud Control Panel if you haven't already. (Make sure Outlook is closed while you install and set it up)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. JRA49

JRA49 New Member

Thanks iPhone Warrior and Fury both. My son works for Microsoft, but he has been traveling training Dell reps on the new Windows 8.

He said it is something else. Best thing to come out of Microsoft in years. He also said 8 will automatically take care of most of the issues between Apple products and Microsoft synchronizing and most other compatibility issues. He is getting me a full copy in a few days. I will let you know how it goes.

They are expecting Windows 8 take a lion share of the market back from Apple when they bring out their new Microsoft phones and tablets before the end of the year. We will just have to wait and see.

He is pretty sharp and has been with a group of people all week, trying to get malware and viruses past the bios and security system. So far, 300 man hours of highly qualified geeks and no luck. That is on of the biggest headaches with Vita and 7.