Bronze
Oct 1, 2008
Austria
www.cognitivecombine.com
Hi all,

Following problem:

Main browser on my macbook: firefox
Main browser on my iPhone: Safari

Bookmarks added on the iPhone get synced with Safari only, on the macbook.

How can I sync Safari with Firefox on my macbook so I always have the same bookmarks?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Unfortunately there is no automatic way to do this. The iPhone will only sync with Safari on a Mac. On a PC, they only add the option of Internet Explorer (yuck).

Only thing you can do is manually synchronize your bookmarks between firefox and safari and sync your phone with safari.

PartisanEntity

Bronze
Oct 1, 2008
Austria
www.cognitivecombine.com
The only problem is that sometimes I add bookmarks in Safari on the iPhone and other times I add them in FF. So if I sync from Safari I might lose new ones from FF and vice-versa. Right?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, it's a hot mess. Sorry there's no easy solution for ya...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
there might be an Automator script available or easily created. I'll have to check tomorrow when I have more free time.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I do use the free add-on extension for Firefox called FOxmarks to sync bookmarks via Firefox. That can keep all bookmarks up to date, just have to update them in two places.

VIPERxGTx2000

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Anybody figure out a solution yet? I Googled the same thing and this page came up as a result.

VIPERxGTx2000

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
My boss uses this and recommended it to me. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to...
Very nice find, I used the trial version and selected a unilateral sync from firefox to safari and it made my safari bookmarks look exactly like my firefox bookmarks. It's also supposed to automatically sync the bookmarks when I quit firefox. This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks macgirl. :laugh2:

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Very nice find, I used the trial version and selected a unilateral sync from firefox to safari and it made my safari bookmarks look exactly like my firefox bookmarks. It's also supposed to automatically sync the bookmarks when I quit firefox. This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks macgirl. :laugh2:
Excellent! Glad it helped! :)