Sync w/ MAC and Windows?

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Ok.. I just thought of something...

All of my iTunes stuff is on my Mac, but for my businesss I use Outlook 2007 on my XP machine, where I want to sync my calendar and contacts.

I think I might have a problem doing this, but not sure because I haven't tried it yet. Can anyone add any insight into this situation?

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Ok.. I just thought of something...

All of my iTunes stuff is on my Mac, but for my businesss I use Outlook 2007 on my XP machine, where I want to sync my calendar and contacts.

I think I might have a problem doing this, but not sure because I haven't tried it yet. Can anyone add any insight into this situation?
I am pretty sure you can export your contacts from Outlook and then burn them to a disk and import them into whatever program you want on your Mac.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I am pretty sure you can export your contacts from Outlook and then burn them to a disk and import them into whatever program you want on your Mac.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I could do that too. But I use my PC for all of my businesss stuff, and my mac for all of my entertainment and media stuff. All of my businesss runs off of a PC, and as such I don't want to have to export that stuff everyday over to my mac since its always changing. Do you understand the dilemma maybe a little better?

From reading your other posts you don't really strike me as much of a PC person. I really hope someone who is like me and extensively and regularly uses both platforms has tried this before with an iPod, syncing contacts on a PC, but media from a MAC, on the same iPod. (and assume for now its a similar situation on the iPhone.)

Luey

Jun 24, 2007
From what I've learned with my iPod, you should install it on your PC first then you can use it on both PC and Mac without having to reformat. If you install on Mac first it might make you reformat when you try to install on PC. Other then that Apple might have done thing differently with iPhone which we will see soon.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
From what I've learned with my iPod, you should install it on your PC first then you can use it on both PC and Mac without having to reformat. If you install on Mac first it might make you reformat when you try to install on PC. Other then that Apple might have done thing differently with iPhone which we will see soon.

Thats kinda what I was thinking since I knew mac and windows format an ipod differently, but a mac can read pc formatted disks. But now I just read in David Pogues followup article to his review that the iPhone DOES NOT support a disk mode, so maybe it doesn't even get formated in the way that an iPod does. This is probably one of those wait and see type of things.

Luey

Jun 24, 2007
Thats kinda what I was thinking since I knew mac and windows format an ipod differently, but a mac can read pc formatted disks. But now I just read in David Pogues followup article to his review that the iPhone DOES NOT support a disk mode, so maybe it doesn't even get formated in the way that an iPod does. This is probably one of those wait and see type of things.
Yup yup! Wait and see :laugh2: