Sync with Google Contacts

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
So I though since I hate Windows address book that I would use my contact on Gmail because I use it a lot more. My questions is there a way to sync only real contacts and not Gmails "Recommended Contacts" ...?

It adds a bunch of random email addresses I've used in the past which are pointless for me..

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Try and setting up a functional, separate address book with the main contacts that you communicate with and see how that goes. I'm not an expert on the whole email contacts list but try making a separate contacts folder and syncing that particular folder onto your mail.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Yes, you can create an iPhone contacts group in Google contacts and sync with that group only. The painful part is you'll have to manually input everything from your iPhone into that group first because the first sync it will erase all your contacts on your iPhone. If you don't do that you'll end up having either double or worst no entries after the sync.

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
Yes, you can create an iPhone contacts group in Google contacts and sync with that group only. The painful part is you'll have to manually input everything from your iPhone into that group first because the first sync it will erase all your contacts on your iPhone. If you don't do that you'll end up having either double or worst no entries after the sync.
When I try this, and select "sync contacts with: google contacts", I only get the option to sync "All contacts" instead of a specific group (it's greyed out). Even though I just made an "iPhone" group and put contacts in there.

Is this a bug with the new iTunes version?