Sync with iTunes disconnects phone on iCal sync

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 5, 2007
I try to sync the iPhone with iTunes. The contacts from Address Book syncs fine, but when it gets to Calendar sync with iCal the sync shuts down with the message that "Calendars couldn't sync because the iPhone disconnects". Any thoughts?

I also cannot slide the unlock slide either. Am I crashing?

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
This is likely an issue with corrupt calendar content.. Try and sync just a TEST calendar with a couple of TEST events. If the sync works on the TEST calendar then you have corrupt calendar data. If you have multiple calendars, try and isolate out the corrupt calendar by adding them to the sync one at a time and syncing in between.. When you get the 'disconnected' error, you've found the corrupt calendar(s). Then, your only option at that point would be to take your existing events from the "corrupt" calendar(s) and move them one-by-one to the "clean" calendar, syncing every 5 or ten events at a time to find the culprit. Then again, it may be the entire calendar data is corrupt, but a TEST calendar SHOULD sync.

You can also possibly isolate out bad calendar data by selecting 'Do not sync calendar events older than xx days' in iTunes. Replace the xx with 30, or 15, or 7, or one. This may isolate out bad content but again, it may be the entire calendar data that is corrupt.

There's some suggestions to try; let us know how it goes.

To fix the unlock slider, reset the iPhone (hold sleep/wake button & home button until you see Apple logo then release)

Jul 5, 2007
Thank you so much. The fix for the slider worked perfectly. I will try to get to the calendar tomorrow. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the wisdom.

Jul 5, 2007
Stuart, I have had a chance to sync with three calendars and it worked. I haven't found the culprit, but I know that is the answer. Thank you so much