Sync without iTunes

pstrjoe

Jan 26, 2007
I have been really exasperated lately and I did not know if anyone could help.

I got my first generation iPhone from my bother after he upgraded to the 3g in August.

I have some problems now with the USB connection -- I cannot charge my iPhone or connect it to my computer and the phone is about 2 weeks out of warranty. I think the problem occurred after I lost my phone after watching a muddy high school football game (someone found it and returned it) and now because of the wetness and whatever the connection is not working.

Since I did not activate my phone before the 3G came out I can't upgrade to the 3G at the discounted price.

Anyway -- is there anyway to connect to my computer without the USB cable. Right now I am connecting my iPhone (to charge the battery) to an old ipod firewire cable -- but that makes the back of the phone hot and it makes me nervous.

Besides not being able to back anything up - or changing the music on my phone I want to be able to keep up with the software updates. At least until I can figure out how to get a 3G.

Any suggestions at all would be great.

Thanks

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
there is no wireless sync for the iPhone. the phone will get warm during charging and thats nothing to worry about. is the phone jailbroken?

pstrjoe

Jan 26, 2007
there is no wireless sync for the iPhone. the phone will get warm during charging and thats nothing to worry about. is the phone jailbroken?
The phone is not jailbroken - would it help if it was?

oakie

Bronze
Oct 18, 2008
Las Vegas
www.revtarded.com
The phone is not jailbroken - would it help if it was?
nope. there's no alternative way of syncing or updating the phone with iTunes.

you CAN sync wirelessly for contacts, mail, and calendar to an exchange server via activesync or a product like The Missing Sync from Mark/Space software or MobileMe (which has a free 60 day trial period). thereforee you'd be able to update and back up the organizer data and transfer it to a replacement once you've purchased one.

but as for syncing music and updating your firmware, jailbreaking, or executing a restore for that matter, it is not possible without a positive USB connection to iTunes.