Synching contacts/calendar with MobileMe

Hey guys...after a year of research and waiting, my wife and I finally took the plunge and purchased 16G iPhones last night!

My first post-purchase question: I have a MobileMe account, but my calendar and contacts did not synch automatically into the phone. Is there some initial set-up procedure that I need to do for the first time synch?

Thanks for all your help; this is a great forum with great people involved, and I look forward to being a more active member now that I have my phone!

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey guys...after a year of research and waiting, my wife and I finally took the plunge and purchased 16G iPhones last night!

My first post-purchase question: I have a MobileMe account, but my calendar and contacts did not synch automatically into the phone. Is there some initial set-up procedure that I need to do for the first time synch?

Thanks for all your help; this is a great forum with great people involved, and I look forward to being a more active member now that I have my phone!
I don't have/use MobileMe, but I know in iTunes that you have to mark the calendar(s) and contact/groups you'll like to sync with the iPhone - it there any menu in MobileMe doing the same thing?

I don't have/use MobileMe, but I know in iTunes that you have to mark the calendar(s) and contact/groups you'll like to sync with the iPhone - it there any menu in MobileMe doing the same thing?
I think I may have stumbled on the answer...went into System Preferences and found something similar to what you mentioned, just waiting to see if it worked!

Cool - let's us know if it works for you!...
Ok, been working on this intermittently all day. It appears that my email and calendar are syncing correctly, but my contacts are not. I have quadruple checked to ensure that the contacts are scheduled to sync automatically, so that is not the problem. I also followed the troubleshooting advice to "reset" the MobileMe sync.

Is it possible that the server is having problems with isolated aspects of the service (i.e. contacts)? Is there something else that I may be doing incorrectly?

Thanks...not how I wanted to spend my first day with the phone!

I just noticed that the calendar events I input into my iMac synched to the iPhone, but with the times all screwed up.