Synching iPhone to new computer

1. Kingkorea

Kingkorea New Member

is there any way to transfer all my iPhone data "music,contacts,photos,apps,etc without having to get it erased because it says my iPhone is synched to another iTunes library and i got a new computer and it says everything will be gone.i do not have access to the old iTunes computer. can someone help me please thank you

2. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

You can get your media out using a programme called i-funbox or many others. Google will be your friend! I use I-funbox for my music, not sure about pics though? For all paid stuff, as long as your new computer is authorised on the same iTunes account, plug in your iPhone. In the devices drop down, right click on your iPhone, and "transfer purchases". This should work.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. hitrho5

hitrho5 Member
    Bronze

I can help you if and only if all of your music and videos were bought on iTunes.

1. Plug your phone into your new computer.
    2. When the phone begins to sync CANCEL IT IMMEDIATELY!
    3. Go to file-->transfer purchases from "your device name here" This will transfer anything on your phone that you bought on iTunes (music, videos, apps, etc.)
    4. Go to file-->sync "your device name here" your contacts wont be lost, they will be backed up on iTunes, not synced. Your photos on the camera roll will be backed up as well. I'm not sure what happens to photos synced from your old computer.
    5. re-sync your phone just to be make sure everything is backed up.
    6. THATS IT! I suggest syncing your phone's contacts onto windows contacts if you have windows vista. I hope i helped.

• Like Like x 1
  5. socal

socal New Member
    Bronze

Regarding the post above, step #2. A better solution would be to disable automatic syncronization prior to attaching the iPhone. This way you do not risk syncing an empty library to your iPhone, and thus, overwriting everything. If you "cancel it immediately", you are taking a big risk.

6. idkanymore

idkanymore New Member

Was this ever resolved? because I'm having the same exact issue as the OP

7. JamesMB

JamesMB New Member
    Bronze

Yep, read the post above!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There is a great tutorial here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
  9. deepakgandhi

deepakgandhi New Member

Due to some reason my notes do not get synchronized. Can some one please help. I have iPhone 3gs with 4.02 os

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

iTunes > Your iPhone > Info tab > Other > Sync notes

11. deepakgandhi

deepakgandhi New Member

Yes I have done that part. What ever I add or delete on the device does not reflect on the PC and vice versa.

12. justinxtreme

justinxtreme New Member
    Bronze

Well for music and videos not purchased through iTunes you can use SharePod it works great. You can even have it organize the music files for you (like what I do I put [Artist] - [Title])

For content purchased through the iTunes Store just right click on your iPhone on the left in iTunes and click Transfer Purchased. If your computer has not yet been authorized it will ask for you to authorize it.

For apps and such, well the only way I could get around that was to copy my iTunes folder from my old computer but that would be taking the point out of setting up an iPhone on a new computer without the old one.

You can just manually download the apps if you want, purchased ones won't be billed again since it will tell you , you have already purchased it so yeah.

Notes, Contacts, and such can only be restored if you have the old computer. Or if it's the other way around where you have the iPhone with it's notes, contacts, and messages in it and just need a backup on the new computer well iTunes backs them up automatically when syncing.

Anything else?

13. deepakgandhi

deepakgandhi New Member

Guys in iTunes (desktop) under the "summary" on the bottom there is a field called "encrypted" with a check mark. Any idea how to get rid of that because I do not know the password.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

14. deepakgandhi

deepakgandhi New Member

Any idea of jailbreak for OS 4.2

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

greenpois0n.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  16. Tmoney438

Tmoney438 New Member

I like how it is easy to get songs purchased through iTunes back on your computer but not music that you own and purchased elsewhere, and they make it sound like they are fruit to keep people from stealing music...they just want you to buy it through them.

My computer crashed and im going to have to clear my iPhone just to be able to transfer new music from my own computer, Apple needs to realize that this effects people who honestly buy music, just don't want to buy it from them.

Ok, I think I'm done venting, I'm going to go start ripping CDs into my iTunes library.

17. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

And then guess what? You have to SYNC to apply those changes :D

18. Chuck28

Chuck28 New Member

As a matter of fact, there is a manual way can transfer all iPhone data without having to get them erased.
    Follow the instructions:
    For windows 7 users, you'll need to copy the following directories and their contents from the old PC to the new PC:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\Music\iTunes
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Preferences\
    Here, the "USERNAME" is the user's account name.
    Hope this can solve your problem.

19. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

If you're answering the OP's question ( from 2009), they stated that they do not have access to the old computer.